• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staffing changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately David has decided to step down from his role as an Administrator, but we will hopefully continue to see him around the forum! Thank you David for all your hard work on the forums over the time you have been Moderator and Administrator.

As a result of this, dan_atki has been appointed as a forum Moderator and we welcome him to the team.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Unfortunately David has decided to step down from his role as an Administrator, but we will hopefully continue to see him around the forum! Thank you David for all your hard work on the forums over the time you have been Moderator and Administrator.

As a result of this, dan_atki has been appointed as a forum Moderator and we welcome him to the team.

:cake: :cry:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's not all about your postcount...

mbonwick

Established Member
Congratulations to Dan for being awarded the post.

I'm sorry to hear that David feels he has to step down.

Bighat

You seem to be an expert on such matters IMHO :)

Anyway, Dan HAS been a member longer than you :) :) :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
But he is no longer an Administrator.

Mintona

Established Member
Others would say it's the best news they've heard all year.

Where does this leave the football? David still in charge?

Guinness

Established Member
Sad to hear about David but good luck Dan Atki whoever you may be!

I presume the Football will still be ran by David but that doesn't require a lot from the Administrator of the league!

Coxster

Established Member
Did 'Dan_Atki' ever have a previous identity on the forums, or am I thinking of someone else?

me123

Established Member
Why wasn't I picked :(

Seriously, though, good luck Dan. We will probably aim to make your life a living hell for the next few months/years <D. And it was certainly a shock to hear of David's resignation. That BAN button on his computer will not be very useful anymore...

Z12XE

Oh no fun, my suggestion as to who should be an Admin/Mod wasn't accepted (and I didn't suggest myself if thats what some are thinking) that would have been funny......

Although welcome to Dan as a mod

David

Established Member
Just a quick note. I'll still be around occasionally, but other commitments means I don't have the time to be on here much anymore.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

PS. I'm still running the Fantasy Football league though, but I now need someone to tidy the topic from time to time for me.

Meld

And what about my infraction from David now he's a normal member?

It doesnt matter who gives an infraction - the points are automatically allocated to the user not the moderator -

For example I could give you 10 points tomorrow and leave the day after - you'd still have the points.

BTW Dave called round and delivered a container load of open padlocks yesterday but no keys :( :grin: :grin:

Established Member
It doesnt matter who gives an infraction - the points are automatically allocated to the user not the moderator -

For example I could give you 10 points tomorrow and leave the day after - you'd still have the points.

BTW Dave called round and delivered a container load of open padlocks yesterday but no keys :( :grin: :grin:

Ive got about 4 or 5 infractions, no surprises there :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:

laseandre

Established Member
Well done and good luck.
Thanks David for all the moderation/administration you've done.

AlexS

Established Member
It's not all about your postcount...

Well done to David for sticking it this long - I've been there!

Hello to new matey.

And while it is not always about the postcount, I've known forums in the past have total idiots as moderators/admins purely because they were railway employees or BVE authors or something. That does not necessary make a good mod!

I hope that this is not a factor in the decision! I did try and stamp that out during my time as an admin but haven't been paying much attention since.

Status
Not open for further replies.