• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stage 1 Testing ScotRail 1st of Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearprop40

Delighted I got through the sift and invited to stage 1 testing. Hopefully one of many hurdles I can negotiate successfully! Anyone else receive good news?
Regards
Kev

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clearprop40

Congratulations, that's good news, I hope all goes well for you
Thanks

Good luck to you! Out of curiosity, when did you submit your application?
27th of December.

Good luck. Just curious, what tests do they ask you to sit?

Thanks

27th of December.
Good luck. Just curious, what tests do they ask you to sit?
- Group Bourdon
- Trainability for Rules and Procedures Parts 1 and 2
- Test of Everyday Attention (Tea-occ)

Good luck mate! Make sure you use the practice materials provided.
Will do! Already seeing 4 dots in my sleep.

Sp2737

Delighted I got through the sift and invited to stage 1 testing. Hopefully one of many hurdles I can negotiate successfully! Anyone else receive good news?
Regards
Kev
Congratulations mate. I’m still waiting - did you get an email prompting you or were you getting the job portal? Good luck

Have you been advised, or does anyone know, if ScotRail require enhanced pass of these tests (group bourdon, trainability, TEA-Occ) or national standard pass rate?

Clearprop40

Congratulations mate. I’m still waiting - did you get an email prompting you or were you getting the job portal? Good

Hi Kevin. You've received an email from ScotRail. The message was sent to xxxxxxxc Please check junk/spam boxes in case it has arrived here. The Recruitment Team

Have you been advised, or does anyone know, if ScotRail require enhanced pass of these tests (group bourdon, trainability, TEA-Occ) or national standard pass rate?
It stated as the volume of applicants is so high you need to get Ninja Level 10 with gold stars. I am sure but not certain it's national.

Congratulations, that's good news, I hope all goes well for you
Thanks mate, can only rattle the practice material and hope I have enough innate ability to get a pass.

Last edited:

bobbers

Hi Kevin. You've received an email from ScotRail. The message was sent to xxxxxxxc Please check junk/spam boxes in case it has arrived here. The Recruitment Team

It stated as the volume of applicants is so high you need to get Ninja Level 10 with gold stars. I am sure but not certain it's national.

Thanks mate, can only rattle the practice material and hope I have enough innate ability to get a pass.
I'm being stupid and can't find the log in to the careers portal. Got a link?

SNR

I'm being stupid and can't find the log in to the careers portal. Got a link?
https://apply.scotrail.co.uk/vacancies/profile/
There you go bud, I've been using that.

Thanks

27th of December.

- Group Bourdon
- Trainability for Rules and Procedures Parts 1 and 2
- Test of Everyday Attention (Tea-occ)

Will do! Already seeing 4 dots in my sleep.
Hopefully my application will make it through the vast amount they will inevitably have.

bobbers

I think there is a fair degree of luck getting past the sift. Hopefully you make it through mate. I would imagine they are inundated with applicants with lots of other industries being decimated with COVID!
They extended the application closing date which makes me think they didn't get enough applicants?

Clearprop40

Good luck.

What area are you down for?
Central Belt. I haven't given that too much consideration but if I am successful in the recruitment process then Central Station would most likely be my preferred choice as I have a mate that's stationed there.

Clearprop40

They extended the application closing date which makes me think they didn't get enough

Possibly, but I would be surprised if that's the case! Maybe the received 15000 applicants but with the failure rates etc their sums suggest they need more to meet their recruitment target.

kickin aff

They usually get anywhere around 20000 when it's a national recruitment advert rather then depot specific. The sift is initially done by computer, A1 punctuation and numerous buzz words are the order of they day. Its only after this initial sift are applications read and invites sent out for next stage.

John Bishop

They usually get anywhere around 20000 when it's a national recruitment advert rather then depot specific. The sift is initially done by computer, A1 punctuation and numerous buzz words are the order of they day. Its only after this initial sift are applications read and invites sent out for next stage.
Yep. Also, there’s a huge cull of applications at this stage that don’t meet the criteria.

I’ve heard that some applications are extremely poor, which, given the number of applicants does seem strange but I guess they’re not serious about the job.
Your application needs to be bullet proof and on point in order to progress. There’s no ”luck” about this, it’s down to the individual to do their research. Don’t rush it, it takes a lot of time to do correctly.

Kendo

Yep. Also, there’s a huge cull of applications at this stage that don’t meet the criteria.

I’ve heard that some applications are extremely poor, which, given the number of applicants does seem strange but I guess they’re not serious about the job.
Your application needs to be bullet proof and on point in order to progress. There’s no ”luck” about this, it’s down to the individual to do their research. Don’t rush it, it takes a lot of time to do correctly.
My application was completed during a nightshift littered with mistakes I even had my DOB as the date I completed the application form. I would imagine buzz words must be key otherwise mine wouldn't have passed the initial sift

John Bishop

My application was completed during a nightshift littered with mistakes I even had my DOB as the date I completed the application form. I would imagine buzz words must be key otherwise mine wouldn't have passed the initial sift
yes, Im told the computer sift will pick up certain words used. 7 or 8 specific words if I remember correctly.

Clearprop40

Took me a good week to complete the application. Being the first hurdle I left no stone unturned and thankfully some of my previous careers have similarities to driving a train.

MT18

Good luck mate! Hopefully my application gets past the sift stage again this time, managed to make it to the interview stage last time.

SNR

I think there is a fair degree of luck getting past the sift. Hopefully you make it through mate. I would imagine they are inundated with applicants with lots of other industries being decimated with COVID!
I'd think so mate with it being such a highly desirable career. I'll just need to keep the fingers crossed and check the emails/online portal daily for any updates.

Mouse1903

I was expecting to be waiting a long time so to get an email to go to the first assessment was a big surprise after only a few weeks

banksy169

Regards
Kev
Congrats and all the best for your assessment centre tomorrow. I've just received an email confirming I've assessment centre on 14th Feb. Could you please share your experience of the assessment centre afterwards?
Any information is greatly appreciated and will help me prepare. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.