• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Group (Group-wide matters)

Mwanesh

I've noticed in the last week or so a number of local Stagecoach buses (Stagecoach South division, Aldershot and the two Guildford depots' routes) being driven by drivers in casual clothing. I initially wondered if there was a temporary uniform supply issue given the number of new recruits being sought and trained at present, however the more I see the more I wonder if maybe there is an easement in uniform policy allowing drivers to wear clothing they find most comfortable given the current weather? Just out of pure curiosity I wondered if anyone knew if either of these were the case, and/or if this was also occurring in other areas of Stagecoach's operations too?
If they are short staffed they tend to give staff leeway. I used to go to work in jeans if it was my day off and they phoned me when I was in town already.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ACBest

I've noticed in the last week or so a number of local Stagecoach buses (Stagecoach South division, Aldershot and the two Guildford depots' routes) being driven by drivers in casual clothing. I initially wondered if there was a temporary uniform supply issue given the number of new recruits being sought and trained at present, however the more I see the more I wonder if maybe there is an easement in uniform policy allowing drivers to wear clothing they find most comfortable given the current weather? Just out of pure curiosity I wondered if anyone knew if either of these were the case, and/or if this was also occurring in other areas of Stagecoach's operations too?
Spotted the same thing in Lincoln today with a number of Stagecoach drivers there, none of who are agency, so would appear to be some sort of uniform relaxation.

SeveerYeliab

Spotted the same thing in Lincoln today with a number of Stagecoach drivers there, none of who are agency, so would appear to be some sort of uniform relaxation.
Yes exact same at East Kent today with drivers I known aren’t agency

richw

Veteran Member
I've noticed in the last week or so a number of local Stagecoach buses (Stagecoach South division, Aldershot and the two Guildford depots' routes) being driven by drivers in casual clothing.
I started at Stagecoach 2 months or so back. My uniform order is on hold due to changes to style and colours of certain garments. No shirts in my size in the old style in stock and new style hasn’t arrived for distribution yet.
Instruction to me was any smart collared shirts until they can supply my order. A few passengers have commented I look the smartest driver in some of my shirts!

They were able to supply several cold weather garments, but I guess they’ll be hung in the wardrobe until winter. I have a coat and a fleece and a body warmer!

317 forever

Established Member
In Exeter last week I noticed some Scania-E400s had been refreshed with leather seats. I am not referring to those with Gold spec. I wonder whether others elsewhere in the country have been similarly refreshed?

LAIRA

In Exeter last week I noticed some Scania-E400s had been refreshed with leather seats. I am not referring to those with Gold spec. I wonder whether others elsewhere in the country have been similarly refreshed?
Exeter have some Scanias that were used on Torquay 12 route and which were delivered with leather seats.

Not sure how many have been done in each case, but Stagecoach Yorkshire at Ecclesfield and Stagecoach West at Oxford have retrimmed some of their examples into a blue and white based leather interior.

All of the Stagecoach Distance liveried examples based at Gloucester have received a retrim with blue and grey leather seats, similar to new deliveries. These were formerly Gold spec.

317 forever

Established Member
Not sure how many have been done in each case, but Stagecoach Yorkshire at Ecclesfield and Stagecoach West at Oxford have retrimmed some of their examples into a blue and white based leather interior.

All of the Stagecoach Distance liveried examples based at Gloucester have received a retrim with blue and grey leather seats, similar to new deliveries. These were formerly Gold spec.
Thank you for your heads-up. I plan to ride one in Yorkshire once the Stagecoach Yutongs are in service there.

I wonder whether the Oxford ones will remain there once the Enviro electrics enter service, depending on how many buses there are being replaced.

JD2168

Thank you for your heads-up. I plan to ride one in Yorkshire once the Stagecoach Yutongs are in service there.

I wonder whether the Oxford ones will remain there once the Enviro electrics enter service, depending on how many buses there are being replaced.
The Yorkshire Scania E400’s with Leather seats are: 15693, 15694, 15716, 15718, 15719 & 15720. All the rest have cloth seats. They were done when the X2 was introduced in 2019 between Sheffield & Barnsley & some of these were branded. Indeed 15718 still has the branding on the upstairs front window.

JD2168

Something I have noticed with Stagecoach Yorkshire & Chesterfield drivers is a new uniform. It is a black polo shirt with blue & green stripes with Proud to Serve on the left sleeve.

Has anyone else seen these at other Stagecoach areas?

ACBest

Something I have noticed with Stagecoach Yorkshire & Chesterfield drivers is a new uniform. It is a black polo shirt with blue & green stripes with Proud to Serve on the left sleeve.

Yes, these have suddenly appeared in Newark today - look very smart indeed.

GWVillager

Is it this? The photo is from Stagecoach South Wales, I must say I really don't like it but then again I do have rather formal expectations when it comes to uniforms!
0_Stagecoach-01.png

GoneSouth

Is it this? The photo is from Stagecoach South Wales, I must say I really don't like it but then again I do have rather formal expectations when it comes to uniforms!
0_Stagecoach-01.png
I’ve noticed this appear this week too in the west. Where’s the yellow? Many of their buses are actually yellow so why not include it.

I actually dislike the whole colour scheme, the bus livery is just dreadful. The uniforms look smart and practical, despite the green/blue combination.

Last edited:

Joshua_Harman

Must be nationwide, plenty in Merseyside wearing it too....
I believe it is. We were made to place an order for it a couple of weeks ago and was told it will be here soon-ish. There are some new smart-style shirts as well coming too and there will be the choice between smart shirts like these or these polo shirts. It differs from area to area but in Cambridgeshire we’ve been told it’s coming soon.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
0_Stagecoach-01.png
The horizontal striping is very reminiscent of the Burger King uniform, albeit in less garish colours.

Last edited by a moderator:

GWVillager

I’ve noticed this appear this week too in the west. Where’s the yellow? Many of their buses are actually yellow so why not include it.
As much as I also dislike the new livery, I think the old (post rebrand) uniform did a much better job fitting in with the broader colour scheme. (Photo from Stagecoach West Scotland: as a bit of a tangent it's really quite remarkable how identical the brand is across the UK, unlike the far more diverse First Group, say).

Why did they see the need to change it? Is it something to do with the hot weather?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Some guidelines about posting images:

• If it isn't your photo, you must have permission to post it. If not, don't. If you do have permission to share, you must include a photographer credit.
  • Captions are required to describe the images - this makes your post more accessible
  • Consider the size of the image you're including - not everyone has an unmetered data connection or super-fast broadband.

roadierway77

Yep they showed up a few weeks ago in East Scotland.

heathrowrail

0_Stagecoach-01.png
Geeze what's with every company going for awful looking uniforms these days. M&S now looking like sailors, BA's new uniform just looks awful and now Stagecoach have decided to look like Kwik-fit.

Mwanesh

Finally they can wear polo shirts. After nearly a decade of asking they have agreed. It does look nice. Shirt and tie in summer no ways

iantherev

I started at Stagecoach 2 months or so back. My uniform order is on hold due to changes to style and colours of certain garments. No shirts in my size in the old style in stock and new style hasn’t arrived for distribution yet.
Instruction to me was any smart collared shirts until they can supply my order. A few passengers have commented I look the smartest driver in some of my shirts!

They were able to supply several cold weather garments, but I guess they’ll be hung in the wardrobe until winter. I have a coat and a fleece and a body warmer!
There are so many new starters/agency drivers at Merthyr at present, it's sometimes difficult to distinguish the staff from the passengers.

padbus

Whilst planning a short break in Cambridge, I changed my location on the Stagecoach website from Exeter to Cambridge. All was well initially, then it froze leaving me unable to view any timetables. Then it wouldn't let me change my location back to Exeter.

Today, the Cambridge location was still in place but more active and I was able to view a few timetables. It even let me change my location back to Exeter but it has now frozen and I can't look up any timetables. This is a nuisance as I live in Exeter and the timetables are changing next week.

All this has happened on my Windows PC. I do not have this trouble when using my i-Pad but that is not connected to a printer and I do like a printed timetable.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any ideas how to resolve it?

Simon75

On Moderation
Has Stagecoach Gold been abandoned, as i was on a e400 on the X1 Chester to Liverpool which was debranded