• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

stagecoachuk

24116 at MAN tonight with Engine problems. They might as well out station one there every night for the amount of time they spend there.

Couldnt see 20895 in depot tonight so presume It has gone or it has moved inside which is hughly unlikely. 52414 back out too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cainebj

Established Member
RIBBLE MOTOR SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH IN LANCASHIRE, STAGECOACH NORTH WEST, T/A RIBBLE MOTOR SERVICES, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16 - 20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Tyldesley Square and Winstanley College given service number 663 effective from 24-Aug-2011.

RIBBLE MOTOR SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH IN LANCASHIRE, STAGECOACH NORTH WEST, T/A RIBBLE MOTOR SERVICES, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16 - 20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Cansfield and Ince Bar given service number 657 effective from 25-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Standish HS and Aspull given service number 950 effective from 25-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Leigh Bus Stn and Bedford High School given service number 926 effective from 25-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Dangerous Corner
Finish Point: Standish High School
Via:
Service Number: 964
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 25-AUG-2011
Other Details: Schooldays Only route and timetable

STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16 - 20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Carlisle and Skinburness given service number 38 effective from 26-Sep-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16 - 20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Carlisle and Stoneraise School given service number 65/66 effective from 26-Sep-2011. To amend Timetable.

Variation Accepted: Operating between Carlisle and West Cumberland Hospital given service number 600 effective from 26-Sep-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

Oxford Street in Workington will be closed from 15th August for 2 weeks, affecting services 30, 31, 46/46A, 48, 50, 51 and 302. I don't know any details of how services will run for those 2 weeks, but I'd have thought that services 30, 31, 48 and 302 would operate via Calva Bridge rather than railway station and the temporary road bridge. 46/46A and 50/51 would, I'd imagine, use Vulcans Lane and Harrington Road.

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
Spotted the Stagecoach Horse box coming off the motorway heading toward Kendal down the dual carriageway at abou5 5pm.

cainebj

Established Member
Another mock up of a Stagecoach bus, however I think this one might actually happen at some point!

6005368801_8a77401188_z.jpg

cainebj

Established Member
And with Lakeland Experience branding.....

6006085642_4ddfa91030_z.jpg

Shame it will be a long time until a chance of E400's getting on there!

cainebj

Established Member
Does anyone know if there's going to be some special liveries for the open day next year, with it being a special milestone for Cumberland Motor Services?

One I'd love to see brought back, is the old CMS Minibus livery. With no minibuses currently preserved, it's one that would be great to put onto a Stagecoach vehicle for the event.

6008111935_b1a5032c0e_z.jpg

burns20

I suppose there are a couple of 709s as Infobuses could be done.

Theres always Barrow Transport Groups Talbots - looks at Paul McGill for repaint?

Dallamlad

Established Member
Last edited:

TheHovisKid

SC have a horse box and two horses that they use to pull a Stagecoach (as in something you would see in a Western) around at promotional events. For example a few years ago the Horse Box etc came to Morecambe for the launch of the 3 Versas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikealaska/5861127178/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikealaska/5861126562/in/photostream/

Pics not mine

Ah, there you go then. Those horses aren't in the corporate colours though.

I can see them doing well on Hala Hill on the 2s!

ZahnradFabrik

Does anyone know if there's going to be some special liveries for the open day next year, with it being a special milestone for Cumberland Motor Services?

One I'd love to see brought back, is the old CMS Minibus livery. With no minibuses currently preserved, it's one that would be great to put onto a Stagecoach vehicle for the event.

6008111935_b1a5032c0e_z.jpg

In response to your thoughts... (as in our discussion on the subject last night!)

This would be nice!!:

Full Image Here

Last edited:

cainebj

Established Member
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Kendal and Cartmel given service number 530/531/735 effective from 05-Sep-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Kendal and Arnside given service number 551/552 effective from 05-Sep-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

Couple more old liveries for those interested:

52628 wearing the old yellow Coachline livery (Yeowarts style)
52628 wearing the red Coachline livery

Last edited:

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
In response to your thoughts... (as in our discussion on the subject last night!)

This would be nice!!:

Full Image Here

It would be great if they did either of these, but I think choosing what would be chosen would be down to what needs painted! Solo wise, Workington favourite 47059 would be a good one, but I think rather patchy 34616 is also a good one, as its in need of a full repaint. An unlikely return of 34079 in CMS livery is also a good one sticking in my head! :lol:

Thinking about the Open Day, it would be nice if 25225 came home for the weekend ;) ....hmm CMS Versa, theres a wacky one!

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
How come they changed the X12 to just 'the 12'?

I heard a while back that were wanting to get rid of the X on some routes and just have a number. So the 12 is now the 12 and the X1 may become the 1. Just a thought probably another reason for it lol.

Also it seems they are putting vouchers through doors in Heysham along with timetables for the 12. Still not sure whether they will do anything with vehicles but like I've said before it may be they just use MANs generally rather then having dedicated branded vehicles. I'm away until the 19th so I'll miss the day it goes live!

TRN481V

Aye, it will have been. All of Chorley's Solos are being repainted one by one. It's a pity they've not sent 47486/7 as they look a right mess after having their 'Bamber Bridge Boomerang' vinyls removed.

While we're on the subject of repaints, would anybody else like to see an E400 painted in the old 'stripes' livery, or is it just me?

stagecoachuk

Aye, it will have been. All of Chorley's Solos are being repainted one by one. It's a pity they've not sent 47486/7 as they look a right mess after having their 'Bamber Bridge Boomerang' vinyls removed.

While we're on the subject of repaints, would anybody else like to see an E400 painted in the old 'stripes' livery, or is it just me?

I reckon an Enviro in the original livery would look cracking!

ZahnradFabrik

I reckon an Enviro in the original livery would look cracking!

I agree!!! Although the thought of 34616 (as Matt says, in bad need of paint) doesn't sound too bad either!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

If Cainebj doesn't beat me to it... I'll do a mock up... I REALLY like that idea!!

Last edited:

cainebj

Established Member
If Cainebj doesn't beat me to it... I'll do a mock up... I REALLY like that idea!!

Already halfway there :lol:

6011053373_d7b423608b_z.jpg

Not quite the same colours, but you get the idea! :lol:
Is anyone else seeing a bit of Bristol VR in it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.