• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Oxfordshire / Midlands Day Ticket - which one do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

I'm planning on doing a tour of Micropubs on Saturday starting in Rugby;

63 Rugby-Leamington
X18 Leamington-Stratford
50 Stratford-Shipston on Stour
50 Shipton on Stour-Chipping Norton
488 Chipping Norton-Banbury
200 Banbury-Daventry
D2 Daventry-Northampton
96 Northampton-Long Buckby
96 Long Buckby-Rugby

I'm a bit confused which ticket I'll need as some Midlands tickets are valid on some Oxfordshire services but not others.

Any help would be welcome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I'm planning on doing a tour of Micropubs on Saturday starting in Rugby;

63 Rugby-Leamington
X18 Leamington-Stratford
50 Stratford-Shipston on Stour
50 Shipton on Stour-Chipping Norton
488 Chipping Norton-Banbury
200 Banbury-Daventry
D2 Daventry-Northampton
96 Northampton-Long Buckby
96 Long Buckby-Rugby

I'm a bit confused which ticket I'll need as some Midlands tickets are valid on some Oxfordshire services but not others.

Any help would be welcome
The Midlands Dayrider is valid on all those except the 488. Probably cheaper to buy that and get a single for the 488 than pay £15 for the full Dayrider East Gold (or whatever it’s now called)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
£4.80 single Chippy-Banbury according to the Stagecoach website, so with the Midlands Dayrider Gold coming in at £9.40 nowadays there's only 80p in it, and having the East Dayrider Gold would allow that bit more flexibility to replan if connections failed.
I guess it would allow a trip from Chipping Norton via Oxford to Banbury using S3/S4 though the Midlands ticket is also valid on the S3.

Can’t comment on the micropubs (or the 63) but all quite nice trips. 50 was always deckers and very scenic but don’t know now.

burns20

Sadly I didn't do this in the end as the 63 didn't turn up so went for a day out by train instead

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Last time I did that route it was as Midland Red South X50 through from Brum to Oxford on a Sunday, on one of their nice DP Olympians. That was "a few" years ago!
I imagine it was a little time ago.

I moved to near Shipston from North Bristol in 2011 and had to get back South to collect another car (don’t ask). I did the journey with a Stagecoach Dayrider and Wiltshire Day Rover and my first Saturday morning bus was the 50 with a former Manchester late model Olympian. Bit of a surfeit of capacity for the half dozen folk who got on but a nice trip through various villages off the A3400. Then onto the S3 from Chipping to Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.