• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stansted Express - Peak Frequency Uplift from May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spet0789

This is good news. Hopefully the journey times will also revert to pre-Covid levels. In the peaks, Harlow Town used to have 2x32 min services to LST, 2x38 and 2x40. Now it’s 4x40. I get why Covid and WFH has reduced frequencies but not how it’s slowed the trains down!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Hopefully the journey times will also revert to pre-Covid levels. In the peaks, Harlow Town used to have 2x32 min services to LST, 2x38 and 2x40. Now it’s 4x40. I get why Covid and WFH has reduced frequencies but not how it’s slowed the trains down!

Journey times the same for now. It’s because they all now stop at Broxbourne and Cheshunt.

Jammy Dodger

Journey times the same for now. It’s because they all now stop at Broxbourne and Cheshunt.
StanEx don't stop at Broxbourne/Cheshunt.
This is good news. Hopefully the journey times will also revert to pre-Covid levels. In the peaks, Harlow Town used to have 2x32 min services to LST, 2x38 and 2x40. Now it’s 4x40. I get why Covid and WFH has reduced frequencies but not how it’s slowed the trains down!
That's because (pre-covid) not all services stopped at HWN and SST, now the 2tph "express" service stops at all major stops along the line (BIS, HWN, TOM, with 1tph at SST)

Spet0789

That's because (pre-covid) not all services stopped at HWN and SST, now the 2tph "express" service stops at all major stops along the line (BIS, HWN, TOM, with 1tph at SST

That's because (pre-covid) not all services stopped at HWN and SST, now the 2tph "express" service stops at all major stops along the line (BIS, HWN, TOM, with 1tph at SST)
That’s the off peak service. Also, I only (personally) care about journey times from Harlow Town to London so stops further up the line don’t make any difference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.