• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

starting a career in the railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor98

Hi all, looking for some good advise on the best route into a career within the railway. ideally the type of work ad be interested in would be ontrack/OLE work,(i done 3 years of electrical engineering at college), what are the chances of someone with no experience getting sponsored on to do PTS and track induction and possible OLE tickets?, and who ideally are the best companies to ask to do so. i currently live within glasgow area so if anyone on here that lives close or the same area could comment on this would be greatly appreciated, even if your not close by and could just give some insight that to would be appreciated also! thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

desrudy

On Moderation
maybe you can look at the Electrical Control Room Operator job position on Network Rail website

1867Blue

I wouldn’t look specifically in that area if I was you. I work on track at the minute and I go all over the UK and Europe to do my work.

you may not have to travel but it’s something you should take into consideration.

PTS is typically provided by your TOC when joining. If you have electrical knowledge and experience it may be possible to work for your local TOC as a maintenance engineer.

Whichever path you choose on the railway, once you are in there are certainly a great number of opportunities available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.