• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Winter Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Another sale: 50% off everything!

There's a major update for the Just Trains SECML add on available now too

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bungle73

On Moderation
Just bought the 4CIG (the non-Southern one, which I already had). I needed it for the London to Brighton scenarios from Armstrong Powerhouse.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Damn it Steam my bank balance was just starting to look healthy again :lol:

I'll probably pick a few things up this weekend, though to be honest I've got most of what interests me that you can buy from Steam.

Bungle73

On Moderation
though to be honest I've got most of what interests me that you can buy from Steam.

Me too! What with the summer, autumn and the winter sales. I must have 90% of everything that's on there! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
TS 2013 is currently 75% off atm! That makes it only £8.74! Best buy it now if you want it, and don't already have it.

Last edited:

GodAtum

On Moderation
Just got 75% off Train Sim 2013 :D It's my first train sim game and i have a few comments already.

• The 377 cab is not very interactive
  • I cant make passenger announcements.
  • The electronic signs at platforms and on the train dont display the correct info.
  • There is no-one running for the train at East Croydon and bashing the doors!

Last edited:

chris89

Established Member
Just got 75% off Train Sim 2013 :D It's my first train sim game and i have a few comments already.

• The 377 cab is not very interactive
  • I cant make passenger announcements.
  • The electronic signs at platforms and on the train dont display the correct info.
  • There is no-one running for the train at East Croydon and bashing the doors!

Enjoy Railworks and welcome to the barmy lot :P

377 cab is not very interactive. Lots of other 3rd Parties Being Just Trains with the Advance series, Virtual Railroads (German gear) and various other models published via RSC on steam are very interactive.

Signs on platforms maybe one day, same for announcements.

Chris

Bungle73

On Moderation
The electronic destination signs on the trains should display the correct info if you're running a scenario. You can even change them yourself on certain DLC trains.

The platform ones from what I've seen either just display "Don't leave you baggage unattended" messages, or are too blurred to read properly if they display train info. You can't really see them properly when you're driving past anyway.

I highly recommend the Just Trains "Advanced" series. Those trains have lots of interactivity.
You can also visit the Armstrong Powerhouse site where they have a ton of sound packs for various locos and rolling stock that give more realistic sound effects. They also do great scenarios too. I downloaded the London to Brighton ones, and they really are very realistic. Bit of a strain on the system at busy stations like CJ though, even on my fast system.

scotsman

Established Member
Nothing so far has taken my interest but got my eye on a few things.

If anyone wants suggestions etc please be free to ask.

Chris

Any good recommendations?

I currently have Edinburgh - Glasgow, Scottish ECML, Pourtsmouth Direct, Class 156, Class 158, Voyager, and WCML.

chris89

Established Member
Any good recommendations?

I currently have Edinburgh - Glasgow, Scottish ECML, Pourtsmouth Direct, Class 156, Class 158, Voyager, and WCML.

London to Brighton, Settle and Carlise, GARL (Glasgow Aiport Link), J94 Memories of Maedry.

Stock: Class 57/0 Railtours, Class 66v2, Advance upgrade to the Voyager if you don't have it. Advance 67 from Just trains is a must have.

Chris

Bungle73

On Moderation
London to Brighton, Settle and Carlise, GARL (Glasgow Aiport Link), J94 Memories of Maedry.

Stock: Class 57/0 Railtours, Class 66v2, Advance upgrade to the Voyager if you don't have it. Advance 67 from Just trains is a must have.

Chris

London to Brighton comes with 2013.

Darandio

Established Member
Voyager Advanced works fine. You cannot drive all the way from Paddington to Exeter. The GWML goes as far as Didcot.

I'd recommend them both though, given I have a biased interest in them. I developed Bristol to Exeter and also did the recent GWML upgrade so go on, grab them both! :D

Bungle73

On Moderation
Anyone know if the Voyager Advanced (http://www.justtrains.net/product/voyager-advanced-download) works in the 2013 version?
Yes; it works fine for me. Everything that worked under 2012 should work under 2013...or at least I've had no issues, and have heard of none.

Also if i get both the Great Western Main Line Add-On and Bristol - Exeter Expansion Pack I can drive all the way from paddington to exeter?

No. GWML only covers the line from Paddington to Oxford. And that's a different route anyway.

BtE only covers Bristol to Exeter.
Voyager Advanced works fine. You cannot drive all the way from Paddington to Exeter. The GWML goes as far as Didcot.
Oxford actually.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Thanks. The Great Western add on has:

Oxford-Paddington Great Western Main Line including Didcot Parkway, Reading and Old Oak Common

How free is the game able to drive trains on different routes? Ie can i drive a HST or voyager on Brighton - Victoria line?

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Yeah, any train can go on any route, it's just a matter of activating the developer box for the train you want in your scenario. If you need any help on this, just ask, although most manuals do detail how and which developer box to activate.

Also, since TS2013, Quick Drive was introduced which will allow you to use many different trains on many different routes at the click of a few buttons without having to create your own scenario.

scotsman

Established Member

Chris

Cheers, got L2B.

Considering Settle to Carlisle, GARL is off the menu (too short!)

And the railtour pack? Nope! Nothing will ever be able to truly simulate an SRPS tour!

chris89

Established Member
London to Brighton comes with 2013.

Only if you are a new purchaser of TS2013 or re-brought it for the addons, Upgraded editions it is still payware.

Cheers, got L2B.

Considering Settle to Carlisle, GARL is off the menu (too short!)

And the railtour pack? Nope! Nothing will ever be able to truly simulate an SRPS tour!

Great to hear so :D I also strongly recommend S&C (another plug got two scenarios for it on Workshop as well) and L2B is fantastic (got one on workshop for it)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.