• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steeton & Silsden [SON] or Keighley [KEI] to York [YRK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Hi,

Looking to make a journey tomorrow with my wife. Will be travelling midday (ie after the morning peak if it's at a sensible hour).

Will be going from Steeton and Silsden or Keighley to York.

£15.70 each for a single seems quite a lot for that distance.
£15.80 for a return isn't quite so bad but unfortunately trains don't run late enough - I'm unlikely to make the last return opportunity at 2214.

Neither of us hold rail cards. I have a ticket valid on EC only between Leeds and London (and therefore also York and London). Obviously going via Doncaster would incur a time penalty but would give us nicer trains (although my nephew sems oddly fond of 185s).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
I've never found a cheap way of getting to York from West Yorkshire, which is very annoying as York is my home town and I live in Shipley <(

Established Member
Splitting at Leeds or the boundary station (Micklefield) normally brings up some small savings.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi,

Looking to make a journey tomorrow with my wife. Will be travelling midday (ie after the morning peak if it's at a sensible hour).

Will be going from Steeton and Silsden or Keighley to York.

£15.70 each for a single seems quite a lot for that distance.
£15.80 for a return isn't quite so bad but unfortunately trains don't run late enough - I'm unlikely to make the last return opportunity at 2214.
If you're saying you want to return another day, then the Off Peak Return is suitable. This is priced at £18.40 and is valid outward on any train except trains due to arrive in York before 0900. Return by any train.

If you want a single, and are prepared to take Northern trains you could buy:

Steeton and Silsden to Micklefield is £5.05 for a single
Micklefield to York is £7.50 for a single

Total = £12.55

Status
Not open for further replies.