• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stopping in Milton Keynes en route froM London to rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauratravels

I will be travelling from Rugby to London on an open return with a 16-25 railcard. on the way home I would like to stop in Milton Keynes. My regular train that i would get does not stop at Milton Keynes but passes through and so I would be getting an alternative train from the usual one. This train would be one that would not stop in Rugby later on it's journey.

Will I need to buy a seperate single ticket from Euston to Milton Keynes?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
I will be travelling from Rugby to London on an open return with a 16-25 railcard. on the way home I would like to stop in Milton Keynes. My regular train that i would get does not stop at Milton Keynes but passes through and so I would be getting an alternative train from the usual one. This train would be one that would not stop in Rugby later on it's journey.

Will I need to buy a seperate single ticket from Euston to Milton Keynes?

Many thanks.

No you won't. You can travel on any train from euston to mkc on your ticket, doesn't need to be a train that also calls rugby.

I'm assuming your ticket isn't tied to a particular operator?

Lee_Again

You can break your journey with an Open Return ticket so what you plan is ok. You're not planning to stop overnight I presume? Further rules apply if you are.

There is no requirement for your train to stop at the final destination (i.e. Rugby) when travelling to MK.

Lauratravels

Excellent! Thanks for the prompt replies!:) I need to double check that it isn't just valid for one operator but the train I'm planning on is a virgin train and I usually travel virgin anyway.

What do I do if there are gates at MK? Would I just show it to the man on the gate rather than try to put it through? Probably a silly question so thank you for Humouring me!

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can always try your ticket in the gateline at MKC - it may work. If not, just show it to the barrier staff :)

SS4

Established Member
Excellent! Thanks for the prompt replies!:) I need to double check that it isn't just valid for one operator but the train I'm planning on is a virgin train and I usually travel virgin anyway.

What do I do if there are gates at MK? Would I just show it to the man on the gate rather than try to put it through? Probably a silly question so thank you for Humouring me!

Show it to whomever is manning the barriers. It's not the worth the risk to use the machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.