• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Storm Henk travel disruption 02/01/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Would have been slightly better had it been during the day, so I could have at least seen the windswept outside world whilst travelling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
Now advising people to return to their origination point where possible and try again tomorrow.
Out of interest, would that be any time tomorrow or would peak restricts still apply? I thought about returning home but decided I was fairly sure I'd make it home and besides getting south from Redhill when no GWR services running isn't always so easy but is entirely possible.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Wow. That is a lot. Thoughts with all those involved in the fatality.

I was annoyed at just missing the train but I know its not anyone's fault. The weather has been bad.

Yes they had already at about 1500 advised people to travel early as possible and now a Do Not Travel has been issued.

The earlier message was pretty sensible considering what’s happened (of course the fatality couldn’t have been considered).

Class 317

From GWR journey check.

Cancellations to services on all routes
Due to heavy rain flooding the railway all lines are disrupted.
Train services running across the whole Great Western Railway network will be cancelled. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Customer Advice
We apologise for the disruption to your journey today.

We are currently experiencing significant disruption on the network and customers are advised NOT TO TRAVEL.

Flooding has closed several routes and a person has been hit by a train near Reading.

Disruption is expected until the end of the day and you may not be able to complete your journey. If possible, please return in your direction of travel and make alternative arrangements. Please keep receipts for future reimbursement.

GWR and Elizabeth Line services will continue to operate between Paddington and Reading.

Customers should check before travelling in the morning as we expect further disruption to services from the severe weather forecast overnight.

Tickets for travel today will be valid tomorrow.

The exile

Established Member
The earlier message was pretty sensible considering what’s happened (of course the fatality couldn’t have been considered).
Pretty sensible- but probably not seen by many - especially those making their usual return journeys.

londonmidland

Established Member
CSL2 Code Black activated on all GWR lines. (Do not travel)

From GWR X/Twitter:

⚠ TRAVEL UPDATE 2: 2120 ⚠

Flooding has closed several routes and emergency services are working on the line west of Reading after a person was hit by a train earlier this evening and we are unable to run trains beyond this point.
We’re sorry for the severe disruption this has caused customers this evening.

Staff and managers are at stations across the network to help customers as much as possible, but disruption is expected until the end of the day. It may not be able to complete your journey by train, and customers are advised NOT TO TRAVEL this evening.

If you’ve got tickets for travel today, they will be valid tomorrow.

If possible, please return in your direction of travel and make alternative arrangements. Please keep any receipts for future reimbursement.

GWR and Elizabeth Line services will continue to operate between Paddington and Reading. There is NO onward travel beyond Reading.

Ticket acceptance is in place with Chiltern Railways for travel between Marylebone and Oxford.

Customers should check before travelling in the morning as we expect further disruption to services from severe weather forecast overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.