• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Subject access request for CCTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience with making subject access requests for CCTV? I'm trying to identify where and when I lost a piece of equipment on Sunday evening in London or whther it was actually stolen and wondering if it would help to make an access request to help me try and track it down.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

noddingdonkey

I imagine that if anybody does have experience of this it's all changed due to GDPR.

Dealing with such a request is going to be inconvenient and potentially costly for the company concerned as they will have to have the footage edited to blur or mask others in shot. If a polite informal request has not got you the help you are requesting, a follow up asking what the procedure is to make a subject access request (but stopping short of doing so) might prompt some action to avoid you making it official, and potentially get you a resolution more quickly.

EssexGonzo

This may be the sort of request where proportionality comes into play, which is there to rule out daft requests - not that yours is.

They may not be able to actually hand over video, and nor are they bound to, but appealing to the better nature of whoever owns the camera might be the best first couple of steps. Also, the narrower you can make the request in terms of date and location parameters, the easier it would be for them to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.