• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggested York - Scarborough shuttle timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have had a go at designing a York - Scarborough taktplan taking into consideration the plans to reopen Haxby and Strensall stations.

This is the easiest one to design as it would be a self contained shuttle running on a 30 minute frequency. This would require 5 sets for a robust timetable.

Also, for illustrative purposes, I have shown the connections at Seamer for the Hull trains via Filey and Bridlington, and also the summer Saturdays London St Pancras - Scarborough (I have swapped the St Pancras - Sheffield section into the opposite half hour in both directions so as to have a similar departure northbound from Sheffield to the Sheffield - York via Pontefract Baghill train, which one of these departs at xx24). I have also shown for illustrative purposes a possibility of a short Scarborough - Filey shuttle in the opposite half hour to the Hull trains which could run during July and August - although as there are no caravan parks near to any of the three stations at Scarborough, Seamer, and Filey, perhaps increased public transport frequencies could be left to the bus companies? (I have stayed at Primrose Valley (twice) and Blue Dolphin, and from Seamer or Scarborough, it makes no difference whether train to Filey then bus, or bus from Scarborough as arrival time is practically exactly the same.

I have thought about this post HS2 and Northern Powerhouse, as there will still be various traditional InterCity trains remaining, hence how I have opted for the present shuttle service (which runs far more reliably, as it is not interacting or getting in the way of London trains or anything on the west side of the Pennines). The present Liverpool - Newcastle and Liverpool - Middlesbrough/Redcar/Saltburn via Huddersfield will remain. I am unsure if it is still the 2021 plans that scrapped the Toton Interchange version of HS2 that are still going ahead, or if something else has sneaked in since then.

See attached file below (in .xlsx file format). I can also supply pdf if required.

Attachments

• York - Scarborough shuttle.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.