• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday’s inside drivers roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need2

Hi all, if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move to the correct one!

Any chance somebody could post a recent (preferably current) drivers roster that has Sundays inside?
Feel free to PM if you would prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whoosh

Established Member
This thread is probably worth reading, as has some examples:

Need2

This thread is probably worth reading, as has some examples:
Thanks mate, didn’t think there would be another previous thread about it.
Must check the search button next time!

Nflkrail

I wanted to ask what people think about this roster. It's a Sundays outside one, but the Sundays are committed. The red starred Sundays are optional (you have to opt out not to work) but you're not guaranteed to work even if you don't opt out, if that makes sense. Seeing other peoples comments here on other rosters make me wonder whether this one is quite poor. There is no rest day pattern as such in terms of where it falls and there are examples of 9 days in a row of work, factoring a committed Sunday.

Other highlights(!) include Sun/Mon/Tues night turns, Weds/Thurs RD, then Fri/Sat nights again before resuming a late turn on the Monday.

Roster.jpg

theking

Practically 10 days on
start day 1 0605 spare depending on movement at company that could be a 4am start.
Start day 9 at 19:45
Finish day 10 at 05:45

30 lines you do a Saturday on 18 of them.

Really don't see the fascination of Sundays outside.

whoosh

Established Member
I wanted to ask what people think about this roster. It's a Sundays outside one, but the Sundays are committed. The red starred Sundays are optional (you have to opt out not to work) but you're not guaranteed to work even if you don't opt out, if that makes sense. Seeing other peoples comments here on other rosters make me wonder whether this one is quite poor. There is no rest day pattern as such in terms of where it falls and there are examples of 9 days in a row of work, factoring a committed Sunday.

Other highlights(!) include Sun/Mon/Tues night turns, Weds/Thurs RD, then Fri/Sat nights again before resuming a late turn on the Monday.

View attachment 113535

The rest day pattern is a bit random/odd, although there are only four occasions where you have a Saturday PM and then a Monday AM (and one of those is actually a decent 36 hours off).
Nights are followed by PMs, apart from one occasion where it's AMs but you have a long weekend off in between.

I used to work a roster that had early mornings preceded by nights! So a Saturday night followed by an early Monday! Then you'd hear some drivers say, "We don't want to give up our Sundays [to be inside the working week]."
Right, because this 22 hours off where I've got to go to sleep twice is such a sacrosanct leisure pursuit-worthy part of my time!

I think the roster above limits body clock changes, but at the expense of some lengthy stretches of a high number of days in a row.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
The rest day pattern is a bit random/odd, although there are only four occasions where you have a Saturday PM and then a Monday AM (and one of those is actually a decent 36 hours off).
Nights are followed by PMs, apart from one occasion where it's AMs but you have a long weekend off in between.

I used to work a roster that had early mornings preceded by nights! So a Saturday night followed by an early Monday! Then you'd hear some drivers say, "We don't want to give up our Sundays [to be inside the working week]."
Right, because this 22 hours off where I've got to go to sleep twice is such a sacrosanct leisure pursuit-worthy part of my time!

I think the roster above limits body clock changes, but at the expense of some lengthy stretches of a high number of days in a row.

Yes one benefit of Sunday's inside is generally you don't have rosters built with the crazy Saturday late (and realistically Sunday morning) finish and the early start on Monday morning with barely a 24h RD.

Class2ldn

At TL we have Sundays outside and we swap over from lates to earlies on our Wednesday Thursday rest days. Downside is nights to earlies but at least you're getting the full Thursday as a rest day. We also start late earlies after nights for maximum time off.
I know brighton split their nights so they only do 4 at the end rather then the other depots doing 7 in a row.
We always finish before long weekend on an early and start after long weekend on lates or the week of nights so you're getting maximum time off on the long weekend.
We also only have to do 8 Sundays a year, the rest we can chuck in with 7 days notice.
If you work your Sunday you will work right through from either the Friday to Thursday before long weekend or Wednesday after long weekend to Tuesday the following week so no more then 7 in a row unless you're grabbing lol
Probably one of the best rosters in the country imo.

Last edited:

baz962

Established Member
At TL we have Sundays outside and we swap over from lates to earlies on our Wednesday Thursday rest days. Downside is nights to earlies but at least you're getting the full Thursday as a rest day. We also start late earlies after nights for maximum time off.
I know brighton split their nights so they only do 4 at the end rather then the other depots doing 7 in a row.
We always finish before long weekend on an early and start after long weekend on lates or the week of nights so you're getting maximum time off on the long weekend.
We also only have to do 8 Sundays a year, the rest we can chuck in with 7 days notice.
If you work your Sunday you will work right through from either the Friday to Thursday before long weekend or Wednesday after long weekend to Tuesday the following week so no more then 7 in a row unless you're grabbing lol
Probably one of the best rosters in the country imo.
Is it eight Sundays for older drivers. When I had my interview for you lot , I was told twelve for new drivers.

wobman

On Moderation
Tfw are in talks with Aslef about Sundays in the working week, the talks have been ongoing for ages with the title DRI 3. there's been no concrete proposals about links and RD structures though, I do hope there's choices of how this is introduced as for me keeping our long weekends is essential.

whoosh

Established Member
Is it eight Sundays for older drivers. When I had my interview for you lot , I was told twelve for new drivers.
12 for new drivers, correct. You need to pick 3 of your rostered Sundays to commit to per quarter. However, you can give these Sundays to other drivers if they are willing and able.

Status
Not open for further replies.