• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday's Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon11

Established Member
Hi

I have a Sleeper ticket on the 23.27 from Euston to Glasgow Central this Sunday.

I've just seen the Sleeper Timetable and this says 21.45 depature? B 16 February to 11 May 2014

Which is correct?

It seems really poor service, to display the incorrect time on the ticket. This has been brought through work, so I'm glad I checked!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
There is a 2327 from Euston to Glasgow tomorrow (Sunday) so what is the point you are making?

There isnt a 2145 though!
Are you looking at the boarding time for the sleeper passengers?

Searle

Established Member
I believe that's a typo, and should be from 30th March to 11th May, just by looking at Real Train Times

ryan125hst

Established Member
I was going to say that, according to the timetable, between 16th February and 11th May (on Sundays), the sleeper will leave London Euston at 21:45 instead of 23:27, so 455driver must have misread it. However, as Searle is suggesting it is a typo, maybe you should ring Scotrail and ask for confirmation. I doubt they would sell an advance ticket for a train that effectively doesn't exit (well, it's retimed) as the reason for the amended times (at a guess, engineering works requiring a diversion) was known in advance.

Out of interest 455driver, where did you check the times?

najaB

Veteran Member
I assume it is 9.45pm and the ticket I hold has the wrong time.
Personally, I would trust the ticket (which I'm guessing was printed in the last few days, based on live data in the National Timetable), over a timetable in a brochure that's a few months old.

455driver

Veteran Member
There isnt a page 16 on that document but if you are referring to page 7 it says cabins available from, not departure from.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Out of interest 455driver, where did you check the times?

C###B and Mobile Genius (yes I am allowed access to both and no I dont give out my login as it uses my surname ;)).
1S26 Euston (2327) to Glasgow Central (0718) calling at Watford jn, Carlisle, Carstairs and Motherwell.
Cabins available from 2145 at Euston..

Last edited:

Searle

Established Member
There isnt a page 16 on that document but if you are referring to page 7 it says cabins available from, not departure from.

C###B and Mobile Genius (yes I am allowed access to both and no I dont give out my login as it uses my surname ;)).

He means page 16 of the actual document (page numbers in bottom left), not the pdf file. It does indeed say a 2145 departure from Euston, on Sundays from 16th February to 11th May 2014.

I think you should call up ScotRail for confirmation as well, personally

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The sleepers were scheduled to be diverted via the ECML I believe, but for a number of selected weekends in March it is being diverted via Northampton instead so is leaving at the later time.

I have a booking for 23rd March and it also leaves at 2327.

455driver

Veteran Member
on http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/sleeperguidedec13.pdf , page 16 it says 9.45pm depature, rather than the 11.27pm. I assume it is 9.45pm and the ticket I hold has the wrong time.

Yep see that now, sorry for questioning you.

The times were probably changed after the leaflet was printed but before you booked your journey.
He means page 16 of the actual document (page numbers in bottom left), not the pdf file. It does indeed say a 2145 departure from Euston, on Sundays from 16th February to 11th May 2014.

Thanks I see that now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.