• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Season Ticket - Can I Use A Stagecoach Bus Smartcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a stupid question (I do realise it probably is).

I'm starting a new job on Monday and am looking to buy a South Western Railway weekly season ticket to start me off, as this works out a lot cheaper than buying individual tickets for each day next week.

The South Western Railway site says I've left it too late to order one of their "Touch Smartcards" before Monday, as they have got to post one out.

The only smartcards I have on me are a ScotRail one and a Stagecoach Bus one (the one with the sunflowers on).

I remember reading on here that ScotRail smartcards won't work in England due to the system being different(?) if I recall correctly.

Would I be able to load the season ticket onto the Stagecoach Bus smartcard (I note the ITSO logo) so that I can start using it on Monday?

Apologies again if I sound ridiculous, but I don't think I can be blamed for wanting to save a bit of money in the current climate.

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
You can get a paper ticket with a photocard from tomorrow morning at your local staffed station according to their website. AFAIK this costs the same.

Established Member
All ITSO smartcards should be compatible with each other.

I used a weekly bus ticket in Manchester on a Merseytravel smart card once. That raised a few eyebrows! But ultimately no issues and it worked no problem.

RPI

Established Member
I'm not sure what your journey is, noting its SWR, do you go to a GWR staffed station at all? If so, they can produce a smartcard for you while you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.