• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT use the TRAINLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

With reference to my previous post about SWT Advances.

Just received my credit card bill for the purchase and it says "THE TRAINLINE.co Rail season A" Thats it !! Phoned SWT and a very nice guy apologised and said it all goes through the TRAINLINE and no booking fees are charged. This is true as the bill was what I expected.

Is this normal or what ? :(:(:(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
SWT's online booking engine is powered by TheTrainline yes, but without the booking fees. Usually this will appear on your card statement under their own name though.

All of the train companies' online booking engines are subcontracted to one of the two biggest online rail booking operators - either Trainline or Atos WebTIS (who run RedSpottedHanky).

Kentish Paul

SWT's online booking engine is powered by TheTrainline yes, but without the booking fees. Usually this will appear on your card statement under their own name though.

All of the train companies' online booking engines are subcontracted to one of the two biggest online rail booking operators - either Trainline or Atos WebTIS (who run RedSpottedHanky).

Thanks,

It did produce 10 secs of, what the f***, but then I realised the charge was correct. First time its happend as i never touch the Trainline.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to find the exception. :lol:

Muzer

Established Member
So what do Northern use? Have they rolled their own, or do they use the Fujitsu one? I can't really tell from quickly trying to use it, it does seem very awkward though.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Mytrainticket.co.uk is powered by thetrainline

MyTrainticket.co.uk recently moved to become a Trainline affiliate, and just have their branding on Trainline nowadays (and trainline shows in the URL when booking).

Northern had not switched, and still use the old MyTrainTicket engine called Assertis. Assertis's own site is TrainGenius.com

cf111

Established Member
I think CrossCountry use the Trainline as well.

I book everything on East Coast anyway, for the Rewards points ;).

I think CrossCountry use the Trainline as well.

I book everything on East Coast anyway, for the Rewards points ;).

I do also book through EC, but if my value is less than £22 I use FCC for the nectar points

I used CC once and had to pay a card transaction fee so never used them again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.