• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Talent Pool waiting times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppyPoodle

I’ve been in a talent pool for a Customer Host position based at Penzance for three months now. I really want to start with GWR and I’m beginning to panic that after all the effort to get selected and all the waiting it might all come to nothing. Has anyone else had to wait this long to be placed – or not been offered a position after six months? Is there anything I can do that would help my case? I’ve emailed a couple of times just to be told that it can take some time and to be patient!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Unfortunately that is the nature of a talent pool. You don't actually have a job yet and to be honest if you keep contacting them they could drop your name down the list...

Dynamonic

I’m not sure about GWR specifically, but Talent Pools can hold people for quite a long length of time.
Personally, I was offered a Driver role after exactly six months in my TOC’s Talent Pool, in which their policy was that you could potentially wait in there for up to two years.

Does your TOC specify how long your Talent Pool position is valid for?
If so, you could potentially be in there for up to that time. It’s probably unlikely, but still a possibility.
The wait length in Talent Pools is determined by a number of factors, including number of vacancies, the amount of people already in the talent pool and recruitment needs.

Just hang in there until you’re told otherwise. :)

rhys37429

some TOC's talent pools are only valid for 6 months, but I was in one for 9 months and got a job, the 6 month 'rule' is more of a guideline, if it suits them they can extend the validity for as long as they like. tbf if it saves money to extend the 6 month 'rule' than re-interview everyone again then thats what they will do.
Im in a talent pool for driving, but from being put in the talent pool to my projected job offer is going to be 8 months minimum. (nothing official, but iv been in contact with people on the ground at the depot Im going to, and heard of the grapevine)

Tezza32

On Moderation
I'm waiting now in a talent pool for 2 weeks I've got to do my stage 1 test so not sure how long the wait will be

Paull

I’ve been in Freightliner’s talent pool since September last year, with no indication I’ll be out anytime soon.

ZFS88

I was offered a position 6 months after originally being told my interview was successful so basically all you can do is wait on word back , the occasional email or phone call to check your status would not harm your position at all but I did only phone after 5 months of waiting and sent the email after around 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.