• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tall Ships Hartlepool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poolie

The Tall Ships are arriving in Hartlepool next week. Last time in 2010 there were loads of extra trains running including loco hauled shuttles. This year? Nothing that I can see. Northern just providing a normal hourly service with 2 carriage units (ok a couple of 4 car on a Saturday) that will be even more packed. No incentive to visit this major event by rail

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Northern are running some additional Hartlepool to Darlington trains on Friday to Sunday.

DGH 1

The Tall Ships are arriving in Hartlepool next week. Last time in 2010 there were loads of extra trains running including loco hauled shuttles. This year? Nothing that I can see. Northern just providing a normal hourly service with 2 carriage units (ok a couple of 4 car on a Saturday) that will be even more packed. No incentive to visit this major event by rail
Ah, the usual contempt from Northern for the people on the Durham coast line and the hoards of visitors who will decend on Seaham to park and ride and be crammed in like cattle, as happened the last time it was on, what a suprise.
*The events are on from this Thursday till Sunday mind, not next week if you're going.*

Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member
Northern are running some additional Hartlepool to Darlington trains on Friday to Sunday.

I’m surprised at that. With the ASLEF work to rule this week they’ll be no good will from the driving grade.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Well, for Friday 7 July looks like there was not a single Northern cancellation at Hartlepool all day, and all the 6 round trip additional Darlington - Hartlepool services ran too.

bearhugger

I travelled by train from James Cook to Hartlepool to see the Tall Ships yesterday. Going to Hartlepool was a single 158 unit, busy but a couple of seats available. Coming back was two 156 units, plenty of seats available in the front unit. At Hartlepool station there was loads of Northern / agency staff. Some were checking tickets on the way out, others directing people / dishing out bottles of water etc. seemed fairly well organised. The main doors coming through the ticket office hall was the exit and rpond the side was the entrance.
The only 'issue' was that in both directions the trains were about 10 minutes late. The train home seemed to have lost time at Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.