• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tattenham Corner & Caterham services on 8th May - query for a SimSig timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Hi all,

I think I am posting this in the right place.

I am trying to put together a SimSig timetable for Sunday 08th May based around quite a few engineering works. I so far have 200 trains written in but I am a bit stuck with a couple of things relating to the Tattenham Corner & Caterham services on the day in question. Therefore it would be appreciated if somebody could help me on these two points so I know how to set things up.

1. On the day in question the Caterham services, which would normally operate to / from London Bridge, are revised to run between Caterham and Tulse Hill only. I believe that the normal unit allocation would be 5/377 (ie. 5-car Class 377) but seeing as the trains will be running short is this likely to still be the case? I guess the Tattenham Corner - Purley services will also remain as 5/377.

2. It is impossible to deduce on RealTImeTrains how the 0758 Purley - Tattenham Corner gets to its start point as there appears to be no passenger or ECS working for it on RTT. To that end I would be tempted to assume that 2Z09 and 2P09 share the same platform with one dropping the unit for the other. On that link though they are shown as using different platforms. Does anyone know whether 2Z09 will drop the unit for 2P09?

RealTimeTrains link to Purley for 08th May: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...22-05-08/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Thanks for any help on this.
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
Hi all,

I think I am posting this in the right place.

I am trying to put together a SimSig timetable for Sunday 08th May based around quite a few engineering works. I so far have 200 trains written in but I am a bit stuck with a couple of things relating to the Tattenham Corner & Caterham services on the day in question. Therefore it would be appreciated if somebody could help me on these two points so I know how to set things up.

1. On the day in question the Caterham services, which would normally operate to / from London Bridge, are revised to run between Caterham and Tulse Hill only. I believe that the normal unit allocation would be 5/377 (ie. 5-car Class 377) but seeing as the trains will be running short is this likely to still be the case? I guess the Tattenham Corner - Purley services will also remain as 5/377.

2. It is impossible to deduce on RealTImeTrains how the 0758 Purley - Tattenham Corner gets to its start point as there appears to be no passenger or ECS working for it on RTT. To that end I would be tempted to assume that 2Z09 and 2P09 share the same platform with one dropping the unit for the other. On that link though they are shown as using different platforms. Does anyone know whether 2Z09 will drop the unit for 2P09?

RealTimeTrains link to Purley for 08th May: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...22-05-08/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Thanks for any help on this.
Dave
2P09 is formed off 5P09 from Tattenham CHS

The Tulse Hill - Caterham are a mixture of 4 & 5 car 377 and 4 car 455

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
5P09 is not published downstream yet which is why you can't see it in RTT. Should be published on Thursday which means it will be downstream for Friday.

DaveHarries

Established Member
2P09 is formed off 5P09 from Tattenham CHS

The Tulse Hill - Caterham are a mixture of 4 & 5 car 377 and 4 car 455
Thanks for that. I am tempted to think that it should be fairly easy to deduce the 455 diagram because the first train from Tulse Hill to Caterham has its first 4 workings on 08th May as follows:

5J74 0601 Selhurst T&RSMD - Selhurst
2J74 0617 Selhurst - Tulse Hill, arr. 0632
5Z07 0634 Tulse Hill - Tulse Hill, arr. 0644 (Platform 3 => Platform 4)

On RTT there is no obvious train to follow this but I am thinking a 2Z07 to Caterham may be the next one. I will keep my eyes open over the next couple of days. There is also this one however:

5J06 0631 Selhurst T&RSMD - Selhurst
2J06 0647 Selhurst - Tulse Hill, arr. 0702
5Z09 0704 Tulse Hill - Tulse Hill, arr. 0722 (Platform 3 => Platform 4)
2Z09 0723 Tulse Hill - Caterham

Given that the 377s are probably kept overnight either in Caterham station (where I have 2Z08 as a seed train, ie. one which appears in the station at the start of the timetable) or Caterham siding I would think that 2Z09 would be the 4-car 455 diagram and would be tempted to set the traction up as such but seeing as there is an online link to the "Tiger" system, used by conductors on some trains when passengers ask for connections (most useful: I keep it as a bookmark because I travel a lot by train when working) I can find out the train lengths from that. It won't, however, give me the traction class which is a bit annoying and neither will the Railcam site unless someone logs it so it may be a case of guesswork as to what classes do which journeys.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.