• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM Bee Network - fleet discussion

Murray J

I saw a post on facebook that suggested GNW were transferring 19 low height B5LH Gemini 2s to Heywood to replace the Scanias which would in turn temporarily go to Queens Road whilst Stagecoach await their MMC order - is there any truth to it?
the B5LHs are certainly coming to GNW - I believe ex Oxford. No idea about whether the Scanias are going to Stagecoach though, I heard that too on Facebook but probably from the exact same place as you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GCH100

I saw a post on facebook that suggested GNW were transferring 19 low height B5LH Gemini 2s to Heywood to replace the Scanias which would in turn temporarily go to Queens Road whilst Stagecoach await their MMC order - is there any truth to it?

I knew before, that these were incoming, but thought these were for the schools operation at Heywood, so if they do cascade Scania's to Stagecoach that would be quite interesting.

Class 466

Established Member
I knew before, that these were incoming, but thought these were for the schools operation at Heywood, so if they do cascade Scania's to Stagecoach that would be quite interesting.
I believe the schools contract is being fulfilled using current Queens Road vehicles judging by a post further up this thread suggesting Crosscity branded vehicles were going to be repainted for Schools work

Leyland Bus

I believe the schools contract is being fulfilled using current Queens Road vehicles judging by a post further up this thread suggesting Crosscity branded vehicles were going to be repainted for Schools work
Indeed, the Scania deckers are transferring to Stagecoach on the March changeover... Haven't heard anything here about any buses coming from Oxford... I know frequencies are supposed to be being increased in April which would most likely require extra vehicles but we had heard it was in the form of B7RLEs...

Also, I believe it's actually the B5 Evoceti deckers that are transferring to Heywood, not the Wrightbus ones...

DarthStan

With Tranche 2 less than 2 months away is there any news on Oldham's electric buses? As when Bolton got theirs they were starting to appear on driver training duties around this time however they doesn’t seem to be any signs on Oldham’s.
Training on new routes start next week.

Does anybody have any idea which depot/s the yellow Tridentviros will go to when Stagecoach take over tranche 2?

Indeed, the Scania deckers are transferring to Stagecoach on the March changeover... Haven't heard anything here about any buses coming from Oxford... I know frequencies are supposed to be being increased in April which would most likely require extra vehicles but we had heard it was in the form of B7RLEs...
I’m surprised the Scanias are transferring over. They seem to be off the road more often than they are in service. Seats are hard as nails as well. Thought they would be for the bin.

M60lad

Considering what I've heard/read on Social Media recently it does seem none of the new electrics will be ready for changeover at Oldham in March so does anybody know what contingency plans Stagecoach/Bee Network have got for Oldham's fleet when Bee Network start there? Oldham have already started transferring vehicles out to various divisions at the moment so come March Stagecoach are surely going to need extra vehicles to cover especially if the expected BYDs aren't available.

Also I've heard that supposedly Drivers at Oldham are going to be starting to be trained up on BYDs shortly but how as I can't see how this can happen with none in the fleet yet?

Also I've heard that supposedly Drivers at Oldham are going to be starting to be trained up on BYDs shortly but how as I can't see how this can happen with none in the fleet yet?

Send one over from Bolton? If they are owned by TfGM then they can just transfer one over for staff training.

RHolmes

They’re exactly the same as the Sharston ones which Stagecoach own 32 of

Leyland Bus

I’m surprised the Scanias are transferring over. They seem to be off the road more often than they are in service. Seats are hard as nails as well. Thought they would be for the bin.
It is but given that ADL staff were on strike recently, its quite possible that build dates have been pushed back... So that might be why the Scanias are transferring across (plus they are already yellow so no extra faff involved) and I've heard some B9s from Queens are for transfer aswell.

stait.john

The electrification works at Oldham Depot are progressing well but we’re late starting.

One would assume Stagecoach will transfer vehicles in from Stockport & Hyde Road that have already been painted yellow?

First Streetlite 47418 is now in Bee Network livery

mancbus

I think the evs for Oldham will mainly run on like 2 or 3 routes probably the 83, 84 and 409 and they said making some already

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 107

M60lad

From what I was told yesterday in answer to my question apparently at least 2 BYDs from Bolton are due to temporally transfer over to Oldham Depot from Monday to help with driver familirisation there.

Class 466

Established Member
Judging by bus times it looks like Scania Omnicity 3617 is tracking at Queens Road now.

WWH44L

Noticed on Bee GNW BusTimes that someone has reported StreetDecks 3401/27/30/31 have ‘gone for repaint’ from Bolton. @Leyland Bus are you able to confirm as I don’t trust any changes on there unless it’s from you or I’ve seen evidence :lol:

There are too many trigger happy peeps moving vehicles around, especially Diamond NWs if they appear on a non Bee route for one day. :rolleyes:

Class 466

Established Member
Noticed on Bee GNW BusTimes that someone has reported StreetDecks 3401/27/30/31 have ‘gone for repaint’ from Bolton. @Leyland Bus are you able to confirm as I don’t trust any changes on there unless it’s from you or I’ve seen evidence :lol:

There are too many trigger happy peeps moving vehicles around, especially Diamond NWs if they appear on a non Bee route for one day. :rolleyes:
Don’t get me started on the constant moving of vehicles between the two Diamond pages!

978wta

Just seen a post on facebook stating Stagecoach North East ADL 400H 12075 NK11 DHV has gone for repainting into Bee Network livery in readiness for its transfer. This is one of 13 that are transferring.

Last edited:

Tim33160

MasterSpenny

It looks like Oldham’s BYD E400s are now arriving, being stored at Go North West’s Wigan garage, under the registration LG73FMD.
Following onto this, a post on Facebook reports that the first of the Stagecoach Oldham BYDs ordered by TfGM has arrived and is being parked at Go North West’s Wigan depot now that it’s a TfGM owned facility. It’s registered LG73FMD.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
It looks like Oldham’s BYD E400s are now arriving, being stored at Go North West’s Wigan garage, under the registration LG73FMD.
Is there a proper, verifiable, source for this information?

jonesy3001

Established Member
Is there a proper, verifiable, source for this information?
There's a pic of one in one of the facebook groups.

Leyland Bus

Apologies, I've not had chance to check the log this week (GNW repaint to complete along with assisting its retrimming)... 3401 is long term VOR here for sure, a wiring fault on the gearbox side apparently...

However, 3428 went away on Thursday as the first of a batch of 10 to have just a full interior refit to TfGM spec at Thorntons.

There are also 2 BYD E400s at Thorntons for severe front end damage repairs... Speaking of the BYDs, a full scale conversion of the rear lower deck panels above the bonnets from glass to aluminium has begun, the glass ones breaking far too easily and far too often...

WWH44L

Apologies, I've not had chance to check the log this week (GNW repaint to complete along with assisting its retrimming)... 3401 is long term VOR here for sure, a wiring fault on the gearbox side apparently...

However, 3428 went away on Thursday as the first of a batch of 10 to have just a full interior refit to TfGM spec at Thorntons.

There are also 2 BYD E400s at Thorntons for severe front end damage repairs... Speaking of the BYDs, a full scale conversion of the rear lower deck panels above the bonnets from glass to aluminium has begun, the glass ones breaking far too easily and far too often...
Thanks for the update. Answered my own question regarding 3401 as spotted it parked up in the depot still in its charity livery. So infuriating when people change Bus Times without seeing a vehicle in the flesh or waiting for official confirmation.

Which GNW vehicle was in this week?

Also, is the batch of 10 going to Thorntons those that are already in yellow livery? Only ask as 3428 I believe is still blue and is also tracking today :s

Leyland Bus

Thanks for the update. Answered my own question regarding 3401 as spotted it parked up in the depot still in its charity livery. So infuriating when people change Bus Times without seeing a vehicle in the flesh or waiting for official confirmation.

Which GNW vehicle was in this week?

Also, is the batch of 10 going to Thorntons those that are already in yellow livery? Only ask as 3428 I believe is still blue and is also tracking today :s

6167, vinyls should land for it on Monday.

I'm pretty sure it was 3428, it was already yellow and that number is in my head... Will teach me to leave my notes behind... I'll check on Monday...

Numbers haven't been decided yet, could be that some blue ones go and get repainted on return as we had some scaffolding delivered at the close of the week..!

WWH44L

I'm pretty sure it was 3428, it was already yellow and that number is in my head... Will teach me to leave my notes behind... I'll check on Monday...

Numbers haven't been decided yet, could be that some blue ones go and get repainted on return as we had some scaffolding delivered at the close of the week..!
Scaffolding at long last :lol: Bet you can’t wait to get a decker in! Glad there is progress on both repaints and refurbishing. Wigan seem to be sending a few off to Thorntons so won’t be long before their fleet is all yellow.

Interesting about the BYD rear ends, are they being done on house?

Suppose lots of activity will come next month when Queens Rd’s fleet is dispersed.

MSO69

has 6167 been painted yellow? Or is it for the school fleet

978wta

Stagecoach Middleton depot currently only have around 3 vehicles painted yellow (x2 08 plates and x1 69 plate) With Tranche 2 starting only next month will there be a big vehicle swap around? The main fleet at Middleton are 17 plates, non of which have been repainted yet.

mangad

Stagecoach Middleton depot currently only have around 3 vehicles painted yellow (x2 08 plates and x1 69 plate) With Tranche 2 starting only next month will there be a big vehicle swap around? The main fleet at Middleton are 17 plates, non of which have been repainted yet.
Stagecoach have a fair few wandering round Stockport all painted up. I assumed they would be moving somewhere else soon.