• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM Tranche 3 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylyates17

He already been in the morning.

Last minute speculation according to a source about winners I personally think if stagecoach were to win most franchises they would keep all four and diamond and first would run small franchises while go north west run wythneshawe.
I have a gut feeling Stagecoach will only get Stockport and lose the rest with Rotala and First getting small franchises, not sure who will get the rest of the large franchises but I can see Go Ahead getting at least one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Danfilm007

Purdah starts tomorrow for the local elections, so are they allowed to make any announcement before May now?

They are allowed to, it just isn't meant to be promoting Councillors, Candidates etc (So should come from the Lead for TfGM rather than the Mayor's office etc)

KendalKing

Established Member
I have a gut feeling Stagecoach will only get Stockport
Me too

Here is my best (or worst) guesses, as to what will happen

Ashton to First Bus
Hyde Road to Go-Ahead
Sharston to Diamond
Stockport retained by Stagecoach
Wythenshaw to First Bus

Which would lead to Stagecoach having 4 depots, and everybody else having three each.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Here is my best (or worst) guesses, as to what will happen

Ashton to First Bus
Hyde Road to Go-Ahead
Sharston to Diamond
Stockport retained by Stagecoach
Wythenshaw to First Bus

Which would lead to Stagecoach having 4 depots, and everybody else having three each.
Somehow, I don't think that the TfGM franchising remit works like that "fair shares for all" methodology.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Somehow, I don't think that the TfGM franchising remit works like that "fair shares for all" methodology.
And public sector procurement regulations certainly don't work like that!

However they do allow any of the bidders to notify intent of a legal challenge to the award, notification being made in the 10-day standstill period immediately prior to the public announcement. Not saying at all that this is necessarily the case here though.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I think it's best if we all just wait for the announcement to be made. Constantly posting "is there any news yet?" isn't going to make it happen any quicker and it just clogs the thread up with pointless posts.

When there is any movement, you can rest assured that it will be posted here - there will be a thousand people tripping over eachother to be first with the news!

Status
Not open for further replies.