• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL and NR recommending different routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I put in a journey from East Croydon to Waterloo on 30th Jan, around 5pm.

TFL says go via London Bridge and then the Jubilee line. Total journey time is 35 mins.

NR says go via London Bridge, then Waterloo East by train, then walk. Total journey time is 36 mins.

As a Londoner, I would suspect the tube will take longer as it involves a long interchange compared to train to train? Does NR take into account tube lines?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

madjack

My first thought was via Clapham Junction, and that's the first thing that Google maps throws up - total journey time 24 minutes.

Veteran Member
My first thought was via Clapham Junction, and that's the first thing that Google maps throws up - total journey time 24 minutes.
Googlemaps will allow a 3min connection at CLJ, NR won't, but I would still prefer that option as the change from 12 to 10 via the footbridge is short and straightforward. Obviously this assumes SW are running a normal service by then.

LBG to WAE has the advantage of a marginally more frequent service, but a longer walk to Waterloo and a slightly longer interchange.

I wouldn't bother with the Jubilee, though that may be lack of experience, as my days of commuting predate it. I would expect it to be busy, if that is an issue, as you would be travelling with the peak flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.