• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Contactless via phone - unable to see journey history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardr

I have an Oystercard and associated account with TfL - which has top up via my credit card.

The account has an associated credit card registered as contactless.

For convenience I have been using my phone - using NFC via the Barclays app - saves getting the credit card out (and the Oystercard wouldn't work at St Albans City).

The issue is that the journeys do not show up on the TfL website, albeit I am paying for them via the card registered with TfL.

Is there any way to see the journeys? I seem to have been overcharged yesterday, but without seeing the journey details can't see where this happened, and if a tap in or tap out was missed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
@MikeWh will be able to confirm, but I believe you just have to register your physical contactless card to your Oyster account and the journeys will be visible after the system reconciliation at the end of each week. I don't believe you have to separately register the phone's virtual card on your Oyster account.

Richardr

@MikeWh will be able to confirm, but I believe you just have to register your physical contactless card to your Oyster account and the journeys will be visible after the system reconciliation at the end of each week. I don't believe you have to separately register the phone's virtual card on your Oyster account.
Thanks - I probably didn't make it clear in my wording, but the card is registered to the relevant Oyster account - something I have double checked online today.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Sadly not. Each device/app allocates a separate ID so that the taps can be tracked. I think if you call the bank they may be able to tell you what information is needed.

najaB

Veteran Member
Sadly not. Each device/app allocates a separate ID so that the taps can be tracked. I think if you call the bank they may be able to tell you what information is needed.
Okay, thanks. I thought that if anyone knew the answer it would be you!

Richardr

Thanks for your reply. It does make the system a lot less useful with the history not being readily available - my journey had four tap ins and four tap outs - I'm sure not the most complex of journeys, but one where one of the taps may not have registered.

I will go back to using a physical Oyster card in the Oyster card area, and my Key Go Card on rail, mainly Thameslink for me.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Once you've worked out the actual card details used by the app you'll be able to check on the card history just fine. Your bank should be able to tell you the card number and cvv code so you can register with TfL. It's a known issue.

Richardr

Once you've worked out the actual card details used by the app you'll be able to check on the card history just fine. Your bank should be able to tell you the card number and cvv code so you can register with TfL. It's a known issue.
Is that different from that of the physical card, and assuming so, is it then consistent going forward?

najaB

Veteran Member
Is that different from that of the physical card, and assuming so, is it then consistent going forward?
Yes. When you set up Contactless via Apple/Google Pay they generate a virtual card number. That virtual card will keeps its details as long as you don't reset the device and re-register in the Pay app.

Status
Not open for further replies.