• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL/GWR interchangabiliy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowDonkey

I've booked Advance tickets for Marlow to Exeter St Davids and return. It's a trip I've done a few times before, but now it seems I must wait at Maidenhead or Reading for a GWR service for the Maidenhead to Reading leg or return Reading to Maidenhead. As it happens the Marlow branch train is timed to connect with the GWR service from Reading rather than the TfL one. It does mean on the way out that the ticket conditions force me to wait at Maidenhead rather than than at Reading with more facilities. That said, the connection to an earlier GWR service looks feasible if not part of the itinerary.

Restriction code is QS "Valid on Great Western Railway (TOC Code: GWR) services only."

Why isn't it "& connections" to allow for the sharing of the local services between Paddington and Reading with TfL?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transmanche

Established Member
Restriction code is QS "Valid on Great Western Railway (TOC Code: GWR) services only."

Why isn't it "& connections" to allow for the sharing of the local services between Paddington and Reading with TfL?
I thought at first that it might be a mistake. But, it looks like there are two sets of Advances for Exeter St David's to Marlow: the ones with restriction QS valid on GWR only and similar ones that cost 50p more, with restriction IS marked 'AP NOT LONDON' which allow connecting travel on any TOC.

So maybe it's actually intentional and travel is not allowed on TfL Rail with the QS-restricted tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.