• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Pink Readers - Where To Touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Hi all,

Just a quick question - I'm planning to travel from Wimbledon to Kentish Town tomorrow using TfL contactless, and as I've got some time to burn, I've decided to take the longer route (via Willesden Junction) to save a bit of money.

But I'm struggling to work out where I've got to touch the pink reader(s). As I understand it, there are readers at both West Brompton and Willesden Junction en-route, but which one of these am I supposed to touch, or is it both?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Just a quick question - I'm planning to travel from Wimbledon to Kentish Town tomorrow using TfL contactless, and as I've got some time to burn, I've decided to take the longer route (via Willesden Junction) to save a bit of money.

But I'm struggling to work out where I've got to touch the pink reader(s). As I understand it, there are readers at both West Brompton and Willesden Junction en-route, but which one of these am I supposed to touch, or is it both?

Many thanks.
The one at West Brompton:

To ensure you are charged the appropriate fare you must touch on the pink card reader if interchanging at West Brompton

If you use the fare finder, putting in Wimbledon to Kentish Town, scroll down and you'll see alternative fares avoiding Zone 1. It explains about where to use the pink readers to ensure you are charged the lower fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.