• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW 1712 Cardiff - Holyhead Restaurant Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveller1

Apologies if there is already a post about this - I have searched and cannot find anything - so hope it is OK to start a new thread?

Does anyone know if the first class restaurant service is back up and running now, or is it just the train running?

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Apologies if there is already a post about this - I have searched and cannot find anything - so hope it is OK to start a new thread?

Does anyone know if the first class restaurant service is back up and running now, or is it just the train running?

Thank you!

Tea and biscuits type service only yet. No true estimate for full service yet but depending on COVID

traveller1

Tea and biscuits type service only yet. No true estimate for full service yet but depending on COVID
Disappointing them and not worth the upgrade compared to the GWR Pullman Service which has even been reinstated to Swansea this week - much to my delight!!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Disappointing them and not worth the upgrade compared to the GWR Pullman Service which has even been reinstated to Swansea this week - much to my delight!!

TFW are more COVID restrictive all round when comparing with other TOCs

Veteran Member
Has been Mark 4s and 67 almost every day since the middle of June up until this week when things have gone pear shaped
Thanks, hadn't seen that. Probably not worth restarting the catering before September though, even on the old 1 tpd basis.

traveller1

It has been plagued thus week by traincrew shortages (PING) and yesterday 1W96 no 67 and Mark 4 competent driver available to work forward from Chester
That's the one I was on, and can confirm the change of train at Chester. Was really well utilised especially first class. We had an offer of unlimited drinks, some sandwiches, crisps plus cake and biscuits. Breakfast is returning soonest, and then from September 13th when the service goes to three a day it will be breakfast and dinner. Had a lovely chat with the lady on the buffet counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.