• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW Advance Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

Hi

Just a couple of queries about TFW advance tickets if anyone could help please

Are they only available on the TFW website? I'm looking at Stockport-Shrewsbury on Tuesday (Using the 09.39) and its coming up at £7.50 on TFW but £19.56 on trainsplit.

Also, I'm looking at travelling from Stockport to Bristol in June, I'm aware that the TFW advance tickets only go on sale 7 days prior to travel. However I had a look at a date next week (Thursday) about 4 hours ago to see what the price potentially could be using TFW, as XC are pretty expensive, and I'm sure it came up at £24.50.
However when I've gone back on, there are no advance tickets on any trains for next Thursday. Is there an explanation at all, I can't imagine they will all have sold out in 3 hours

Cheers

Stu

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trainsplit says £7.50 for me.

There may be very few left at that price?

spt-shr.jpg

Stuwhu

Cheers, it would help if I'd put Fixed Time not Flexible on my search wouldn't it!!

kieron

Established Member
There is something a bit odd about the £7.50 tickets, though, as neither nre.co.uk nor gwr.com can find them.

317 forever

Established Member
I haven't found them on the National Rail website either. This, and what I have just read about some or all off-peak tickets being withdrawn, could make planning a Welsh holiday harder and less worthwhile.

_toommm_

Established Member
They’re only being released a week ahead of departure date. They’re definitely available on other websites, as I did my usual thing of booking on the TPE website on 30/05 for 06/06.

For example, I’m seeing £25 advances Cardiff to Manchester for this Sunday (six days’ time as of the time of writing this post), whereas the Anytime Single is £81.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.