TFW Trainee Conductor Talent Pool

troyhanks1234

Hey everyone. I’m based in North Wales. Conwy area and applied for a trainee conductor role a while back now. I have been successful in my interview and I’m now in a talent pool until 2022.
Has anyone got experience being in a talent pool with TFW? How long was the wait? This is my first time and I kinda feel strange because it feels like nothings happening. Just don’t want them to forget about me because I really want this job. I have emailed to make sure my details were all up to date. But don’t wanna bug them and be annoying :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rj89

Hey everyone. I’m based in North Wales. Conwy area and applied for a trainee conductor role a while back now. I have been successful in my interview and I’m now in a talent pool until 2022.
Has anyone got experience being in a talent pool with TFW? How long was the wait? This is my first time and I kinda feel strange because it feels like nothings happening. Just don’t want them to forget about me because I really want this job. I have emailed to make sure my details were all up to date. But don’t wanna bug them and be annoying :D
Hi, I’m in exactly the same position I been in the pool since April 6th for Trainee conductor with TFW in the Rhymney depot. I haven’t heard anything yet and was thinking of emailing them because it’s been 3 months now. When was your interview? How long you been in the pool?

troyhanks1234

Hi, I’m in exactly the same position I been in the pool since April 6th for Trainee conductor with TFW in the Rhymney depot. I haven’t heard anything yet and was thinking of emailing them because it’s been 3 months now. When was your interview? How long you been in the pool?
Hey Rj89. Going of what I’ve read from other people. We seem fairly new to the pool. I’ve been in it now since May. When I did my interview. She said they tend to wait till they have a group of starters then they start the training days. So maybe that’s what we’re waiting for. I emailed them to make sure they had the right contact info for me. But haven’t heard anything back from that. And obvs don’t wanna seem like I’m bugging them.

Rj89

Hey Rj89. Going of what I’ve read from other people. We seem fairly new to the pool. I’ve been in it now since May. When I did my interview. She said they tend to wait till they have a group of starters then they start the training days. So maybe that’s what we’re waiting for. I emailed them to make sure they had the right contact info for me. But haven’t heard anything back from that. And obvs don’t wanna seem like I’m bugging them.
Yea I’ve seen people say they have waited 6/8/10 months but also seen some guy the other day pass his interview and get a medical and course date straight away for Cardiff central. I’ve been close to emailing them myself but the same I don’t want to bug them. Im really looking forward to getting started!

Jmills1993

Hey guys, have you heard anything since your posts? I've found out today that I'm in the talent pool and was curious as to the time scale. They told me today that there aren't anymore courses this year so I'm hoping to get my medical done and a course start date for early next year.

Rhian

Hi I’m in the same boat too, currently in talent pool for Treherbert depot have been since end of august. There’s a lot of developments taking place on the South Wales valley lines which should be completed by 2022 so I’m assuming I’ll be trained up by then but that may just be wishful thinking. Think all we can do is wait and keep our fingers crossed!

Ever hopeful!

Hello all - I was advised that I'm in the talent pool yesterday (south/West Wales).
Like us all I'm keen to start. Anyone had any updates yet? It seems that between all of us we have enough to start a training course!