• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Canal Tunnels Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam456

Hello RUK!

I am looking to book a day trip to Brighton from London for a group of 6 including me. Ideally, I would like a Finsbury Park to Brighton ticket, which are priced at £21.20 each, but this is significantly more expensive than a St Pancras International to Brighton ticket which are priced at £12.35 each.

Looking at brfares, it seems that the FPK to BTN tickets are vaild for use on London Underground transfers and are routed ANY PERMITTED. I'm assuming this allows any multitude of journeys using the tube to cross London, which is flexibility I don't really need.
http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=FPK&dest=BTN&rlc=GS3

This is in contrast to the STP to BTN tickets which are routed NOT UNDERGROUND, for direct Thameslink services only of course. http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=STP&dest=BTN&rlc=GS3

Are there any fares from FPK to Thameslink services south of the river that are actually designed to be used by the new Canal Tunnels services, or do they all work like they used to pre-Canal Tunnels services?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
In a word, no! The railway doesn’t want to spend billions on new tunnels and trains and reduce their income by offering cheaper fares!

You can buy a combination of tickets, the only requirement is that the train must call where you switch from one ticket to another. A Finsbury Park - St Pancras Anytime Day Return at £4.30 then the St Pancras - Brighton ticket at £12.35.

Note these are Railcard/groupsave discounted prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.