• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Engineering Work Overrun (24/10/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint66

Received quite a few messages this morning about an overrun in the West Hampstead area, blocking 2 of the 4 lines.

Having looked at RTT for this morning, it seems like there were massive delays because of this. Although everything seems to be getting a lot better now, anyone know what the issue was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Ballast train in Belsize Tunnel failed to drop enough material in time for hand-back.

A Service seems to be recovering now - but (another) bad peak , after Friday's shambles - where there was nothing much but an emergency service - and yesterdays crew resourcing problems on the late turn...lots of very unhappy people out there - especially as the St Albans MP held an open forum week before last to discuss "service problems" ...

AndyY

I assume that none of the problems can be attributable to the Thameslink project or Govia (except perhaps the problems yesterday evening - difficult to get staff to work overtime during half term)?

I knew of the problems last Friday (I do not know exactly what happened - but heard there was a fire at Blackfriars) and avoided travel, but this morning I had to travel to work.

It really does not make me very optimistic that services will run like clockwork with 24tph after completion of Thameslink project.

tcm1106

Where to start...
This wasn't Thameslink work per se, but a conventional Plain Line Track Renewal.
First issue was with excessive dust during digging out. This caused laser instruments to fail. Subsequently a minor OLE strike from an RRV, failed sidetipper wagons and another RRV failure all contributed to the overrun.

vrbarreto

Oh Joy! I was stuck in the fun and games on Friday night from Luton Airport Parkway and then the back up North on Monday morning...

Not a bad a day as the people I spoke to on Friday evening.. They were unable to get their flight to Rotterdam from LCY. They then tried to get a flight from Luton but missed that by 10 minutes... Met them about 9.30pm on the delayed Thameslink train southbound from Luton Airport Parkway. They were going to try and find a hotel for the night, catch the Eurostar to Brussels in the morning and then catch a taxi back to Rotterdam.. Felt quite sorry for them

Status
Not open for further replies.