• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The best way to "do" c2c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexf380

Established Member
As the title may suggest, I'm looking for ideas as to how to tackle the c2c network (primarily for ticking off the stations). I'm aware there aren't any day rangers for the area, so how am I best going about it? How have other people cleared c2c?
Answers on a postcard please...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Your best bet if your looking to do it cheap is to buy a Upminster to Shoeburyness return, use that to clear the stations via West Horndon to Shoeburyness and back via Chafford Hundred to Ockendon, then use contactless to go back from Ockendon to Grays, so you can pick up the stations to Dagenham Dock

JonathanH

Veteran Member
use contactless to go back from Ockendon to Grays, so you can pick up the stations to Dagenham Dock
Indeed, you could almost certainly travel on Contactless from Barking to Upminster via Dagenham Dock, Grays and Ockendon within the maximum journey time for that journey.

For haulage, I once bought a Benfleet to Southend East weekly season to bash 357s for two days (eg three peaks staying in Southend overnight). Works quite well for station to station travel over that stretch, as you don't miss the units which do peak only and don't stop in the travelcard area. Still reasonable value for £14.10.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Linear hopping in the peak when it's 4tph on the Tilbury loop helps reduce the festers, then linear hopping towards Shoeburyness.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I assume that with a return ticket to Shoeburyness or wherever I'd be ok to break the journey?
Yes, breaking the journey on walk up tickets to Shoeburyness should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.