• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Dorset Coast Express 19th august CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEP3417

just seen on the railway herald website the tour has been cancelled as theres "no steam loco available"

which is a shame as i think that was the last tour to come "down this way" i.e past southampton/redbridge for a whilst this year till towards the end of the year anyway :s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
just seen on the railway herald website the tour has been cancelled as theres "no steam loco available"

which is a shame as i think that was the last tour to come "down this way" i.e past southampton/redbridge for a whilst this year till towards the end of the year anyway :s
Isn't there a similar tour scheduled for 2 September and a Swanage trip the following week on 9 September or are those cancelled too?

The issue seems to be the use of 44871 on the Jacobite replacing 62005 which is unavailable.

VEP3417

ahh yes so there is! not sure how i missed thos although i do just skim through the railway herald site quite fast :lol:

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is that the 3rd DB railtour cancelled now?

I know it's not their bread and butter business but it doesn't look good on them.
West Coast, not DB, but it is the lack of a locomotive which is the issue. Originally should have been 44871 but it is in Scotland as 62005 is out of service. The Jacobite needs three locomotives on rotation - ie 45407, 45212 and 44871 at the moment.

VEP3417

the one on the 9th is now cancelled as well according to railway herald which is a shame

VEP3417

thats the one yes, no explanation on railway herald just said it had been removed the tour operators website

VEP3417

yes, bit of a shame, not another one coming down this way for a little whilst now i dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.