• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
OBSERVATION

In March 2020, I took a sabbatical from this quiz after being with it since it was launched (I helped @adtrainz to design it), as the Covid-19 special timetables became part of the quiz rules to cover the time period of the pandemic. It is now 14 months later and Covid-19 timetables still are in operation and at the ripe old age of 76, keeping up to this new scenario was too much for me to handle. I am glad to see that the quiz continues apace with quite a new batch of contributors since March 2020, who I hope all have seen and inwardly digested the rules and the guide note sections that are fully described on the very first two postings on the thread.

A cursory glance at the number of postings that I have made on this quiz since inception on 2011 is 35,258......a figure still just above the number of postings that I have made since 2011 on the Closed Stations Journey quiz, but I think that there will not be all that many contributors on the Quizzes and Games forum who have made nearly 70,000 postings on two of their regular threads on that forum.
In a further observation, I notice it is now over a year since the scores were updated. I understand people are busy, so is it not worth either seeking someone else to help with the scoring, or accepting that this quiz will no longer be scored and amend the rules to that effect?