• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Pathfinder Golden Anniversary Tour - Burton to Weymouth with class 40 10th june 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEP3417

saw this is coming up soon, very rarely do we get a class 40 down this way in the new forest, only really for the swanage diesel gala a few years ago did we get 1 or 2 so will be interesting to see 8-)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bleeder4

Yes indeed. I booked on it due to the rarity of a class 40 in that neck of the woods. It should be a great day out and it's pretty much sold out I believe, which is good to see.

VEP3417

not supprising with a class 40! they seem to do a lot of tours elsewhere say london up, but very rarely if at all london down in the weymouth direction

Deepgreen

Established Member
not supprising with a class 40! they seem to do a lot of tours elsewhere say london up, but very rarely if at all london down in the weymouth direction
Indeed - north of London was their stamping ground, and 'the north' almost exclusively in their latter days.

Iskra

Established Member
Should be a great tour, I went down there with PF and a pair of 33’s last year and it was a fantastic tour.

satisnek

It's fully booked now, so any further posts are academic, but it sounds like a good one! However, I'm not impressed by the list of joining stations. Coleshill Parkway? Barnt Green? Worcestershire Parkway? It's now many years since I last went on a railtour, and one of the reasons is that I can remember when they used to pick up/set down at places where people actually lived (particularly in Worcestershire!). It hasn't been all progress in those 50 years, in my opinion.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
However, I'm not impressed by the list of joining stations. Coleshill Parkway? Barnt Green? Worcestershire Parkway?
A little bit more about places with car parks now. As it happens, the connections at Worcestershire Parkway don't look that bad for Worcester, without the need to use the single lines or the timing cost of the detour to Shrub Hill.

bleeder4

Worcestershire Parkway is where I'm getting on. It's become quite a popular station for tours now. Right next to Jn 7 of the M5, 500 space car park and £3.80 to park there all day. (Plus it's just an 8 minute drive from my home). The last few tours I have done from there, there have been around 30 passengers getting on there.

Last edited:

VEP3417

what a nice sight to be seen 8-) not sure on the rake but some where west coast branded

quite like the fact it was a mixed rake

the defect on my lens is becoming more and more noticeable these days, its not a lens you can take off either so might have to be new camera time at somepoint

Attachments

• DSCF6850.JPG
    DSCF6850.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • DSCF6851.JPG
    DSCF6851.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • DSCF6852.JPG
    DSCF6852.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • DSCF6856.JPG
    DSCF6856.JPG