• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Portsmouth Flyer - Flying Scotsman 17th june

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEP3417

seeing as its coming down in the southampton direction ill try and photograph it on the saturday or if not there is a similar trip on wednesday the 21st as southamptons usually really busy on a saturday with traffic, as usual as of yet no times shown :)

edit - ive been informed theres roadworks on the redbridge flyover (i think) so i might have to give it a miss as traffic will be heavy on a saturday

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita

seeing as its coming down in the southampton direction ill try and photograph it on the saturday .... as usual as of yet no times shown :)
Timings are on posts #21 and #23 in this thread https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/steam-to-portsmouth-2023.249505/

LUYMun

I also note that the Margic Carpet railtour, to be hauled by a pair of Class 73s, will also be travelling down the SWML tomorrow:

S2929

Hello
There is another London, Reading, Salisbury, back via Southampton,Winchester, via Basingstoke to Reading and London on Wed 21st June 2023
I'm desperately trying to find the times of the return part (Basingstoke to Reading) but struggling to find it anywhare or to decode realtimetrains entries
Estimate 18:00-19:00 +/- 1 hour
If anyone could help I would be most greatful
I just missed it the last two times (last autumn)

zwk500

Veteran Member
Hello
There is another London, Reading, Salisbury, back via Southampton,Winchester, via Basingstoke to Reading and London on Wed 21st June 2023
I'm desperately trying to find the times of the return part (Basingstoke to Reading) but struggling to find it anywhare or to decode realtimetrains entries
Estimate 18:00-19:00 +/- 1 hour
If anyone could help I would be most greatful
I just missed it the last two times (last autumn)
Doesn't appear to have been uploaded to TRUST yet, do you have a link to the outbound?

VEP3417

its unlikely ill be able to make the one on wednesday, missed the one on saturday also, and theres road works on one of the flyovers into southampton so probably best to avoid that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.