• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

higthomas

We then has a nice wait for the First Hampshire 28A to Warsash Clock Tower, leaving at 1716, to arrive at 1733.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
....on Saturday afternoon.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Always remember to end your posting with the concurrent "quiz-day" as it is of assistance to the following contestant. Weekend timetables can differ from the Monday to Friday ones.
***************************************************************************************************

Taking the 2-minute short walk to the Warsash Village bus stop, we next board the 1819 First in Hampshire service 4A to Fareham bus station that arrives there at 1845 on Saturday afternoon

Last edited:

higthomas

Always remember to end your posting with the concurrent "quiz-day" as it is of assistance to the following contestant. Weekend timetables can differ from the Monday to Friday ones.

Whoops :oops:

And I guess we could walk from there to Fareham railway station, where hopefully we are in time to catch the 1846 to Trowbridge, although not having been told when we get to the bus station I don't know.
If we are in time then we will be arriving in Trowbridge at 2015 on a Saturday evening ;)

old above, new below

After some research it seems that there is a one minute connection from bus station to railway station...
Therefore I shall actually wait an hour, getting to Trowbridge at 2115 on a saturday eveniong

Last edited:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
***************************************************************************************************

Taking the 2-minute short walk to the Warsash Village bus stop, we next board the 1819 First in Hampshire service 4A to Fareham bus station that arrives there on Saturday afternoon
What time do we get to Fareham Bus Station?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
After some research it seems that there is a one minute connection from bus station to railway station...
Therefore I shall actually wait an hour, getting to Trowbridge at 2115 on a Saturday evening

Continuing onwards by rail, we next board the 2129 FGW service to Weymouth that arrives there at 2313 on Saturday evening.

Last edited:

higthomas

Darn just missed the train to Bournemouth. So instead after an overnight stay we catch the 0648 to Bournemouth, arriving at 0822 on Sunday morning.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then catch the 09:40 XC service to Leamington Spa arriving there at 12:11 on Sunday afternoon.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We pop to Marks and Spencer for lunch before catching the 14:06 CR service to Birmingham Moor Street arriving at 15:57 on Sunday afternoon.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
1W47: 1805 First Great Western service to Worcester Foregate Street, arriving there 1810 Sunday evening.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then catch the 18:42 LM service to Hereford getting there at 19:30 on Sunday Evening.

Temple Meads

Established Member
EDIT: way too late!
We then board ATW's 1V20, the 19:36 departure from Hereford, which we take to Newport, arriving at 20:21 on Sunday.

Last edited:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then take the 20:32 FGW service to Portsmouth Harbour getting there at 23:54 on Sunday Evening.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We await 0S00, the 0515 Wightlink service to Ryde Pier Head, arriving there 22 minutes later at 0537 this Monday morning. Welcome to the Isle of Wight.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We board the 0549 Island Line service to Shanklin that arrives there at 0612 on Monday morning.

The regulars of the previous quiz would immediately note this acceptance of the Isle of Wight. Just wait until we reach the west coast of Scotland and the plethora of Cal-Mac ferry services...:D:D:D

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Correct me if I am wrong, I believe this to be the first visit of the game to the IoW, as in the previous incarnation of the game, we were not allowed to cross The Solent?

A short walk to Shanklin Bus Station means we can pick up the 0627 Go-Ahead Southern Vectis service 2 to Newport (Isle of Wight) Bus Station, arriving there at 0656 this Monday morning.

As an aside, I've stayed at the only Travelodge on the island, a short walk from here ;)

dzug2

You beat me to this, but mine would have said an arrival time of 2358 (checked also with NRE)

It comes of using the working timetable rather than the public one. Not significant in this case, but there's at least two recent moves that have breached the minimum connecting time as a result. One of them by me - partly to see if anyone noticed. They didn't.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It comes of using the working timetable rather than the public one. Not significant in this case, but there's at least two recent moves that have breached the minimum connecting time as a result. One of them by me - partly to see if anyone noticed. They didn't.

Quite an interesting point you have raised with the WTT and the public one.

Incidentally, I wonder just what will now constitute the geographical boundaries of this new quiz, since we have already set a precedent for a ferry journey to the Isle of Wight which enables quite a number of both train and bus journeys. Will any of the following now be similarly acceptable by use of a ferry:-
Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
The Western Isles....both inner and outer
Orkney

higthomas

Then we shall get the southern vectis route 3 at 7:50 from Godshill Hollies, arriving shanklin railway station at 8:30 on a Monday morning.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Quite an interesting point you have raised with the WTT and the public one.

Incidentally, I wonder just what will now constitute the geographical boundaries of this new quiz, since we have already set a precedent for a ferry journey to the Isle of Wight which enables quite a number of both train and bus journeys. Will any of the following now be similarly acceptable by use of a ferry:-
Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
The Western Isles....both inner and outer
Orkney

This matter is being discussed by the Quizmasters, we welcome your input by way of private message.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board 2U16, the 0838 Island Line Trains service to Ryde Pier Head, arriving there at 0902 on Monday morning.