• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Tube 7/7 special

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I was watching The Tube 7/7 special and it said that amber alert was a closure of all lines. I was wondering what a red alert would be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
AFAIK - Amber Alert means for trains to proceed to the next station (obviously obeying signals) and to remain there, while a red alert is for all trains to stop immediatly, regardless of location.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I'm surprised they're not doing a 'The Tube' special day where they show every episode back to back. I think that whatever channel showed it before (on satellite, not the original terrestrial channel that showed it weekly) in one lump.

That seems to work quite well for these channels. In fact, I've even noticed they now call the 'back to back' films with a particular actor/actress or director as 'box sets'.

DavyCrocket

AFAIK - Amber Alert means for trains to proceed to the next station (obviously obeying signals) and to remain there, while a red alert is for all trains to stop immediatly, regardless of location.

I'm 99% certain (as I don't have my Rule Brick to hand) that the official wording says applying the correct prodecure at signals.
So at an Auto at danger, trip and proceed under own authority. Semi's need Signal Operator authroity.

The only times that I have been around when it has been used (not terrorism related), it has been for a "[certain section of the line] Code Amber" and it has gone wrong as some trains don't hear or others elsewhere do! I much prefer the method of saying "Hold in platform" and the station name!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Yep - I just checked, go as far as the signalling allowed and apply the rule at red signals.

Daniel

Established Member
The only times that I have been around when it has been used (not terrorism related), it has been for a "[certain section of the line] Code Amber" and it has gone wrong as some trains don't hear or others elsewhere do! I much prefer the method of saying "Hold in platform" and the station name!

I have heard Code Amber several times, mainly on the Victoria when they have a PIOT as they have more trains than platforms.. not heard Code Red yet though!

DavyCrocket

I have heard Code Amber several times, mainly on the Victoria when they have a PIOT as they have more trains than platforms.. not heard Code Red yet though!

I have heard a train radio code green..... There was much bafflement. It doesn't exist!

Met Driver

Established Member
I'm 99% certain (as I don't have my Rule Brick to hand) that the official wording says applying the correct prodecure at signals.
So at an Auto at danger, trip and proceed under own authority.

You still have to wait for two minutes and try to seek information first even if a code amber has been issued - possibly at multiple signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.