• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Theoretical question - would the UK have handled pandemic better if we have voted to Remain in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I do think Mrs May would've been marginally better in her COVID response as I really didn't think she was a bad Prime Minister, she was just thrust in at the wrong time to clean up the mess left behind by the Brexit vote.

Cameron would've been okay at it too I think, but Mrs May has my vote for a better response.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david1212

Established Member
As things post referendum panned out probably simply because it would not have been a distraction and there would not have been the supply lines changes at the same time.

I do think Mrs May would've been marginally better in her COVID response as I really didn't think she was a bad Prime Minister, she was just thrust in at the wrong time to clean up the mess left behind by the Brexit vote.

Cameron would've been okay at it too I think, but Mrs May has my vote for a better response.

IMO Mrs May was fully responsible for Brexit not being delivered by 29 March 2019. This is because what she proposed and had those working on the details of was far too near to Bremain to ever get passed in Parliament. By the time this became clear a delay was inevitable. If as soon as she became PM with the statement ' I will deliver Brexit ' she had proposed something close to what we ended up with even though closer to Bremain than many wanted the changes that came in from January 2021 would have been in place before March 2020. Hence my statement above.

Status
Not open for further replies.