• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket acceptance during disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Piccadilly Line: Severe delays between Acton Town and Uxbridge / Heathrow Terminals and MINOR DELAYS on the rest of the line due to an earlier signal failure at Chiswick Park. London Underground tickets accepted on Buses, Elizabeth line, London Overground, Great Northern and South Western Railways via any reasonable routes
I'll be leaving London King's Cross for Heathrow shortly; I intended to use Contactless from King's Cross to Heathrow (tapping out and back in at Hatton Cross to avoid the airport tax/premium), so how would that work on Elizabeth Line?

If I tap out at the NR barrier line, it would charge me an even bigger premium, so do I ask to get this refunded? Or is acceptance only for paper tickets?

Splitting at Hatton Cross costs £3.50; the premium fare to Heathrow LU is £5.60 (I don't mind paying that to use EL) but the premium fare to use EL is a whopping £13.30 (and yes I am aware I can reduce that by splitting at Hayes & Harlington!)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Acceptance is for paper tickets or other passes such as contractor tickets, staff passes etc that would ordinarily be valid on the Piccadilly line but not on alternative transport services.

danm14

In this instance though presumably it would have been possible to purchase a £6.70 Underground paper ticket from King's Cross St Pancras to Heathrow and use it under ticket acceptance on the Elizabeth Line?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Using Contactless/Oyster PAYG, you do not hold a specific LUL only ticket that would need acceptance on any other route.
In this instance though presumably it would have been possible to purchase a £6.70 Underground paper ticket from King's Cross St Pancras to Heathrow and use it under ticket acceptance on the Elizabeth Line?
I’d agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.