• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket with brand mixing: Avanti West Coast only ticket with specified Virgin Trains service

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprunt

I picked up my travelling home for Christmas tickets today - strange mixture of branding on the ticket.

IMG_20191221_171705077.jpg

[Image shows a ticket routed Avanti West Coast only, on the 13:35 Virgin Trains service]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hobbm013

I picked up my travelling home for Christmas tickets today - strange mixture of branding on the ticket.

View attachment 71813

[Image shows a ticket routed Avanti West Coast only, on the 13:35 Virgin Trains service]

Had the same last year when Transport for Wales took over from Arriva.

Transport for Wales only on an Arriva Trains Wales service

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

View attachment 71813

Did you buy it before the franchise change?

If so, the TVM supplier has printed the name of the route code at the time of printing (the route code will not have changed but the text matching that code will have altered), but presumably the name of the operator of the service is fixed at the time of purchase.

aar0

At least 3 months after VTEC became LNER I had a ticket with the equivalent stipulation on, valid on LNER services only, specifically the xx:xx VTEC service!

sprunt

I bought it from LNER before the franchise change. Picked it up at London Bridge.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
At least 3 months after VTEC became LNER I had a ticket with the equivalent stipulation on, valid on LNER services only, specifically the xx:xx VTEC service!
I bought tickets in May this year which still had VTEC on them funnily enough.

Furrball

2019-12-22 15_56_04-Clipboard.png LNER ticket issued the other week still with Virgin Trains EC!

Last edited:

stut

Established Member
Had a LNER one market VTEC last week (normally scheduled train, sadly more than a penny).

causton

Established Member
If anyone with these (VTEC at least) can send me the details i may be able to get to the bottom of it.

Good luck.

There is still London Midland in some IDMS data resulting in an itinerary I printed the other day saying to get Avanti West Coast from WVH - BHM, then London Midland BHM - EUS on @station (the same TIS LNER now use in booking offices)! - I did ask if WMT was lower down the pecking order, one being changed after one day and one not being changed after two years...

Status
Not open for further replies.