• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tiger - real time train information

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSDonovan

Hi

re website https://tiger.worldline.global/home

This looks to be a useful resource for real time train info but it seems that coverage of the uk rail network in not comprehensive.

I had a look for one of my local lines and nearly every station is missing on the Hayes (Kent) to Cannon Street line???

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
I had a look for one of my local lines and nearly every station is missing on the Hayes (Kent) to Cannon Street line???
It only works for stations which use the Worldline CIS system, I believe. So not every station will be covered.

Dai Corner

Established Member
It's not intended to be public facing, but rather provides the displays you see at cafes and the likes near stations.
Don't the displays in the cafes face the public? ;)

There are 'Staff' displays which must be intended for railway staff too.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Indeed. But, if your station is on it, isn't it much the best way of finding out when your train might turn up, how many coaches it has, whether it's the wrong way round, etc?

It holds the same info that would be on the station CIS (if the station has an up-to-date version).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Indeed. But, if your station is on it, isn't it much the best way of finding out when your train might turn up, how many coaches it has, whether it's the wrong way round, etc?

It is certainly useful - I just mean it isn't public facing in the sense that the site doesn't need an explanatory UI.

adc82140

Established Member
On a possibly related note, I remember a while back that the phone number called by the help points at remote stations for the "next train" button was unofficially published. I'm not sure how useful this really was, but it was a novelty playing it in my living room. Does that still work? I've long since lost the number though.

Mally66

Would be a useful site to gain info on train formations etc if it showed every station! Will the station coverage be expanded in the near future?

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
Very useful site especially when disruption is happening as you can find out whats being cancelled as well as changes to stopping patterns

Kite159

Veteran Member
Very useful site especially when disruption is happening as you can find out whats being cancelled as well as changes to stopping patterns

Agreed there, I used it a couple months ago when I was travelling towards Worcester to find out a Birmingham train from Hereford was cancelled at Foregate Street but was due to start at Shrub Hill [nothing on the WMT website and NRE had it has cancelled throughout]

Status
Not open for further replies.