• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timetable of the day, freedom of information request

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has made one to see what information the DFT has on the timetable of the day and where it is published.

I thought I would ask on here before making one, I know this is not really the purpose of the act but think it is possibly worthwhile.

Thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I don't think the DaFT would keep that kind of information, and even if it did, the request would fall to be refused under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act (information already accessible by the requestor).

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I was wondering if anyone has made one to see what information the DFT has on the timetable of the day and where it is published.

I thought I would ask on here before making one, I know this is not really the purpose of the act but think it is possibly worthwhile.

Thoughts?
Before making an FoI request - and especially with 'slippery customers' such as the DfT - it's always a good idea to anticipate how the organisation might try and avoid disclosing the information you're after. In this case, if you simply asked them for a copy of the Timetable of the Day (e.g. for a particular day) they would refuse the request on the basis that they don't hold the information.

If, instead, you for example asked them for a copy of any correspondence relating to the introduction of the definition "Timetable of the Day" into the NRCoT, they will find it harder to refuse disclosure.

Haywain

Veteran Member
It might be more effective to direct the request to Northern, as they are using it to deny Delay Repay claims.

philthetube

Established Member
As I understand it Northern are not obliged to respond, I could be wrong though.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Indeed. Southeastern or LNER would also be eligible candidates.
Yes, but we are aware that Northern have used the PTotD get out clause. I don’t recall anything on the forums to suggest the other two have, and if they haven’t used they won’t need to have published the timetable.

stew

I recently submitted a delay repay with Northern for a cancelled train. They rejected my claim as they said the train was cancelled before 10pm the night before travel.
I asked them to show me logs when the timetable updated.
They responded with data (inc headcode, UID, RSID, date, time of updates to the timetable) which looked authentic to me

Adam Williams

Established Member
I asked them to show me logs when the timetable updated.
They responded with data (inc headcode, UID, RSID, date, time of updates to the timetable) which looked authentic to me
For what it's worth, you can cross-check via (slightly barebones-looking, until you get to a service!) tools such as Timetable History - at least in terms of when the updated CIF data was distributed..

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
For what it's worth, you can cross-check via (slightly barebones-looking, until you get to a service!) tools such as Timetable History - at least in terms of when the updated CIF data was distributed..
If anyone fancies a go at making a nice interface for timetablehistory, give me a shout. We can give you access to the back-end API, and you could monitise with adverts if you wished.

HSP 2

As I have been caught up with the published timetable of the day, I have had a look through the National conditions of travel 6/2/22 and this is what I have found.
27.3 When you make your claim, you should state the timetabled departure time of the train you intended to use for your journey and provide any tickets for the journey.

27.4 has the first mention of the published timetable of the day.

30.1 etc. etc. rescheduled from that in published timetable of the day after you have purchased a ticket or tickets. (how do you know what the timetable is as it gets changed by 22;00 the day before?).

32.1.2 by relying on your statutory rights, eg., under the consumer rights act 2015 and the rail passengers' rights and obligations as it applies in GB law. (this could be worth having a look at the way that Northern are using the published timetable of the day not to pay out delay repay).

In appendix B: we have the following. National rail timetable. published by Network Rail and provided at www.networkrail.co.uk

Published timetable of the day: This should be available at www.nationailrail.co.uk

Sorry for the long post but I hope that some of you can make use of some of the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.