• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Today's (16/11) 1S24 Kings Cross - Edinburgh delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Loss of points detection at Claypole crossover causing trains to have to pass signals at danger, and then there was a set swap at Newcastle as set EC55 was only running with one power car.

ScottishIain

Loss of points detection at Claypole crossover causing trains to have to pass signals at danger, and then there was a set swap at Newcastle as set EC55 was only running with one power car.

Was waiting at Newcastle for another train when this arrived and saw everybody piling off and on to the replacement set.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

alexf380

Established Member
It would appear the thread title was changed by the mods to include more info, and is now incorrect.

Edit: thanks for the info

Last edited:

jnty

1E25 was only running on one engine from Aberdeen so the original set was swapped with the 1S24 set, allowing the defective set to go back to Edinburgh and then to Craigentinny depot for repairs while minimising the delay to 1E25.

High Dyke

Established Member
Tell me about it... Finally managed to get my tea about 45 minutes ago. :roll: All in order now...just in time for the last train of the night. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.