• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord

Was just wondering is it a new series that starts on Sunday BBC2 8pm? because it's on but not seen no adverts saying new series of Top Gear etc, and also just wondering what peoples opinions are of it :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
Brilliant show, I don't know how they make a programme about cars so watchable.

Yes, it is a new series.

Jord

I do watch it anyway, i just wasn't sure if it was a new series, i love all of them but my personal favourites are: the re-serfacing one, the tractor/petrol growing one, the america one

FusionRail

ahh they were hilarious, and clarksons references to the 'quinticentailly german' car, and the 31 hitting that car.. ohh and the flying astra!

Jord

Ah yes forgot about the 31 on the level crossing, i don't see why anybody would want to jump accross a LC for anyway, your only stopped for a couple of minutes if that for god sake

Daniel

Established Member
The Enfield Lock crossing is down for 20 minutes if you get there after the 08:03 ;)

djw1981

Established Member
TopGear is one of the most entertaining and funniest programs i watch. WATCH IT!!!!

Are you recommending it purely on the basis that we should do what you do?
Is this like the kind of logic which states:
1. fusion is a train enthusiast.
2. fusion watches top gear.
3. I am, a train enthusiast.

If 1,2 and 3 are true, then I must watch top gear.....

:razz:

Galvanize

I'd love to see a rail version of Top Gear, with David Maxey, Pip Dunn and some well known Rail person :lol: Calling it "Full throttle" :lol: I'm looking foward to Top gear returning though.

Oracle

Established Member
I was on the programme with a colleague & his brother and my brother-in-law, May 2005. It was filmed as you know at Dunsfold aerodrome, and all the four-letter words you can ever imagine were quoted by Clarkson & Hammster in every breath, but their compatriot seemed from a different mould. What anoyed me is that it was strictly for over 18s, and yet parents took two kids along and they had to endure the foul language. For most adults the obscene spiel was very funny, and clearly Clarkson was in true form (whilst being recorded he was totally "clean"). We had Michael Gambon as the guest driver. You can see me on recordings twice for a few seconds in the background. Only time I have been on the telly, though the printed press is another matter!

rail-britain

Established Member
I'd love to see a rail version of Top Gear
That would have been BBC Television Railwatch
Ran for 5 days in February 1989 as part of the launch of sectorisation
Presented by :
Mike Smith
Penny Bustin
Rob Curling
Malcolm McKeag
Paul Coia
43108 was named as a result and was followed on each day, although it disgraced itself several times throughout the week!

http://jpc.fotopic.net/p25256776.html
Note from the photo even the coaches were given white wheels!

Archive footage is on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=railwatch&search=Search

On the Wednesday it was arranged for 43108 to lead 1S16 and operation from Stoke Tunnel (and watch for the Class 91)

Status
Not open for further replies.