• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Assessment HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
I have an interview for Glasgow next week. Any advice on the questions? Are they based on hypothetical situations or are they looking for experience of dealing with similar situations, etc?
They are examples from your experiences. Not much use if they're someone else's!!!!! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

At my assessment it was very much, give me an example when you dealt with:
Irate customer
an emergency
given excellent customer service
handled cash
worked shifts etc.

I hope this helps. Just think about the examples you used on your application form. Good Luck
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I got my Fit for Role yesterday and I am just waiting for my drug screen to come back. I know this fine so I am really happy and haven't stopped smiling. Good Luck to everyone else and I hope to meet some of you in September on the training course.

Hapless

They are examples from your experiences. Not much use if they're someone else's!!!!! :lol:

Smart ass :lol:

At my assessment it was very much, give me an example when you dealt with:
Irate customer
an emergency
given excellent customer service
handled cash
worked shifts etc.

I hope this helps. Just think about the examples you used on your application form. Good Luck

Thanks. :D

Mattm123

I am on hold for future jobs at Manchester. She said that there was a lot of high calibre of candidates and it was a tough choice. But at least I'm on hold! Could be worse

Glad I wasnt at Man Picc this morning when the lightening struck. The picture is amazing, but must be chaos at the station.

I have got my official starting date :). I start my training on the 16th September. Is anyone else on this training course?

wt

I have an interview for Glasgow next week. Any advice on the questions? Are they based on hypothetical situations or are they looking for experience of dealing with similar situations, etc?

Any advice gratefully appreciated! :D

Hi, I had an interview for Glasgow too. Have you heard anything back yet? My status is still sitting at "invited to first interview" & I've had no news. :(

Mattm123

Hi, I had an interview for Glasgow too. Have you heard anything back yet? My status is still sitting at "invited to first interview" & I've had no news. :(

When did you have your interview and have you had your assessment yet?

wt

When did you have your interview and have you had your assessment yet?

Hi I had the interview two weeks ago. Haven't had or been invited to assessments. I've had no contact since the interview so don't know if It was successful or not. I know these things take time & I'm being as patient as I can but the suspense is killing me :(

Did you apply for glasgow too - have you had any news?

I've just looked back & see you're on hold for manchester - congratulations & fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long!

Last edited:

Mattm123

Hi I had the interview two weeks ago. Haven't had or been invited to assessments. I've had no contact since the interview so don't know if It was successful or not. I know these things take time & I'm being as patient as I can but the suspense is killing me :(

I've just looked back & see you're on hold for manchester - congratulations & fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long!

Thankyou :) I hope you hear soon too! Waiting is terrible I know. But my motto is no news is good news! Ring them Monday

Hapless

Not heard anything yet, but I do know there were at least 40 interviews to be conducted. Assessments not for another 2 weeks (20/21 Aug iirc) so would expect to hear by this week at the latest?!? Maybe....... hopefully....... ;)

My application status is the same as yours on the first website.

wt

Hi Matt123 thanks for replying it helps to know that others have been through it too!

Hi Hapless thanks for your reply. Yes they told me they had 40 interviews too although they also said someone hadn't turned up so that's down to 39! Yes hopefully we'll hear this week. Fingers crossed (& toes)!

T

Tiempo

I've had the application pack sent through for assessment centre.

I have already passed the interview stage.

Does anyone know if this was the structured interview or is this a 2nd interview as part of the assessment centre?

Thanks

wt

I also got the impression that the interview was the structured and that the next stage would be the assessments alone.

However now I've received the practise material which says there will be a structured interview!

Looking at past posts it seems that sometimes it goes assessments before interviews and other times it's vice-versa.

pip

Hi everyone, I have an assessment this Wednesday for a conductors role and the only thing worrying me is the role play. I'd appreciate any info, thanks.

DunfordBridge

Hi everyone, I have an assessment this Wednesday for a conductors role and the only thing worrying me is the role play. I'd appreciate any info, thanks.

I had the role play last year. The setting was on board a train. I was the guard and the assessor was a passenger with several unique needs. Not really the best person to advise as I failed the role play but in my humble opinion, if you find yourself having to apologise, then you will have failed to assist the passenger accordingly.

Solutions to problems is the agenda of the day, I would say.

Hi Pip, well done on getting to the role play. Where have you applied for? I found the role play easy, just stay relaxed. I had an old lady who had taken her cat to the vets that morning and was distressed. I showed empathy and continued with my role, checking her ticket.:D:D

They are just looking at how you will deal with different situations and also giving the correct information and change for the ticket you sell.

pip

What depot is that mate?

Newcastle mate.
Thanks for the advice guys, I've applied for Newcastle MichelleFrance. I had my SI a couple of weeks ago and my assessments are in York this Wednesday.
Hi Pip, well done on getting to the role play. Where have you applied for? I found the role play easy, just stay relaxed. I had an old lady who had taken her cat to the vets that morning and was distressed. I showed empathy and continued with my role, checking her ticket.:D:D

They are just looking at how you will deal with different situations and also giving the correct information and change for the ticket you sell.

Hi all, passed my assessments today, I was wondering what happens next. How long till you are normally informed of where you stand?
Thanks for those who gave me some tips.

wt

Hi all, passed my assessments today, I was wondering what happens next. How long till you are normally informed of where you stand?
Thanks for those who gave me some tips.[/QUOTE]

Well done on passing the assessments! May I ask if you had another interview? I have my assessments next week. I had what I thought was my Structured Interview a few weeks ago. But my practise material states there will be a structured interview as part of the assessment.
I thought there would only be one interview in the recruitment process, but now it looks like there are two - can anyone shed some light? (it's a trainee conductor position with ftpe)

pip

Thanks for those who gave me some tips.

Well done on passing the assessments! May I ask if you had another interview? I have my assessments next week. I had what I thought was my Structured Interview a few weeks ago. But my practise material states there will be a structured interview as part of the assessment.
I thought there would only be one interview in the recruitment process, but now it looks like there are two - can anyone shed some light? (it's a trainee conductor position with ftpe)[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression we had already had the SI as did the OPC assessor. What depot are you in for btw?

wt

I thought there would only be one interview in the recruitment process, but now it looks like there are two - can anyone shed some light? (it's a trainee conductor position with ftpe)

I was under the impression we had already had the SI as did the OPC assessor. What depot are you in for btw?[/QUOTE]

Glasgow. Just getting nervous as assessments get closer. I think I have had the Structured but will prepare for another one just in case.
Thank you for replying & good luck with the next step!

pip

I was under the impression we had already had the SI as did the OPC assessor. What depot are you in for btw?

Glasgow. Just getting nervous as assessments get closer. I think I have had the Structured but will prepare for another one just in case.

Cheers wt, although the practice material said that I would have a SI as part of the assessment I DIDN'T have another interview, but you best off preparing just in case other assessment days are different. good luck anyway mate.

Hapless

Tuesday? See you there..... :D

(Role play....... aaaarrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!) ;)

pip

I passed an assessment for a conductor with TPE on Wednesday, I have been invited for an assessment with Northern next week for a MDD position, is there any restrictions on taking 2 different assessments at the same time? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.