• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - Trainee Driver - York & Manchester Piccadilly (05/08/23)

Lenny_1986

New trainee positions just posted online. Get those applications in fast if interested as it will close early.

Good luck

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Owen2323

New trainee positions just posted online. Get those applications in fast if interested as it will close early.

Good luck

I'd be interested to see how long they string out the training salary now TPE are part of DOHL.......??

A fantastic opportunity nonetheless!!

coxxy

Training salary for 8 weeks as per Ts and Cs
I'd be interested to see how long they string out the training salary now TPE are part of DOHL.......??

A fantastic opportunity nonetheless!!

Owen2323

Training salary for 8 weeks as per Ts and Cs
That's fantastic that it's stayed the same - gotta make TPE the most attractive TOC to start out with at the very least!!

I'm not aware of any other TOC which puts you on top whack so soon after starting (in the North anyway.......)

Yorkyboy

I applied last night for York, see what happens.
May I ask as I applied too, with the tests, were there only 2? The 2nd one, the error checking one timed out as I was going through them. Can't see how anyone could get through 50 in 5 minutes unless I was going very slow compared to others lol

Owen2323

Gonna be pretty hard to live off 24k during training then! I thought they provided hotel during training like LNER and XC do.
I'd be amazed if you don't get free train travel to get you to and from wherever the training is.........?

Samzino

Established Member
Still on the internal vacancy site.

58k after 8 weeks

And after all the abuse on this forum can’t believe people still want to work at TPE, Guess money talks eh.
Or the License talks at least after 2-3 years of qualified working, sometimes 1 if you're a true rebel

I hope the Manchester vacancy is still live, I'm not going to be able to do the application until Wednesday

Nope, I've just logged in to see the application that I started yesterday for Manchester and it says I've missed the deadline.

driver9000

Established Member
Gonna be pretty hard to live off 24k during training then! I thought they provided hotel during training like LNER and XC do.

It's £24k for the first 8 weeks or so then trainees step up to the full salary which is excellent compared to just about every other operator who keep you on training salary until you qualify. Some will then step your wages up gradually to full salary over the PQA period. You will also have free travel on TPE from day 1 but they will only provide a hotel if your home depot is more than 90 minutes from Huddersfield which is where the classroom training is done.

feaky4

May I ask as I applied too, with the tests, were there only 2? The 2nd one, the error checking one timed out as I was going through them. Can't see how anyone could get through 50 in 5 minutes unless I was going very slow compared to others lol
Yep did 2 test with the second one your not meant to finish it, it’s a way to put pressure on you to try and make you rush and make mistakes, it’s quality not quantity with these tests. Obviously at the end the higher scores will get put through, good luck

benny91

S
Yep did 2 test with the second one your not meant to finish it, it’s a way to put pressure on you to try and make you rush and make mistakes, it’s quality not quantity with these tests. Obviously at the end the higher scores will get put through, good luck
Strange as I only had one test...least and most likely answer one! I didn't get the other test.

nolypops83

I hope the Manchester vacancy is still live, I'm not going to be able to do the application until Wednesday

Nope, I've just logged in to see the application that I started yesterday for Manchester and it says I've missed the deadline.

It was gone by the time I looked at 1pm. Ah well.

SteveL9

Still on the internal vacancy site.

58k after 8 weeks

And after all the abuse on this forum can’t believe people still want to work at TPE, Guess money talks eh.

I may have missed something, what’s bad about working for TPE compared to the other TOCs based out of York?

driver9000

Established Member
why is it on the first group website? i thought the government took over?

Certain elements such as advertising vacancies are still being handled by First for the time being. Presumably they've been asked to by DOHL but there is no employment with First Group when applying to Transpennine.

Retro racer

If your not successful with tpe. And another trainee driver job comes up at a different depo can you still apply within 6 months?