• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLee

How long did it take to hear the result of your DMI?
Pretty rotten when they can’t ping an email to say that you haven’t progressed. Not like there is thousands that are getting to MMI/DMI and they know it means a lot to those applying.

They told me I would hear within 7 days and I haven’t had the results of my MMI. I sent them an email asking for an update and they haven’t replied to that either.

I’m guessing me and you are in the same boat then.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Magsdynamos

I know it’s hard but try to stay positive, there’s loads going on with courses, medicals , planning and contacting people . I am sure no news is good news just keep everything crossed and keep the faith.

SLee

I know it’s hard but try to stay positive, there’s loads going on with courses, medicals , planning and contacting people . I am sure no news is good news just keep everything crossed and keep the faith.
Thanks pal I will try, but after 7 days have passed it would seem that the only ones on here with any good news to report have heard it within the 7 days.

I did actually email today asking if it’s possible for an update and got no reply.

strawman75

Pretty rotten when they can’t ping an email to say that you haven’t progressed. Not like there is thousands that are getting to MMI/DMI and they know it means a lot to those applying.

They told me I would hear within 7 days and I haven’t had the results of my MMI. I sent them an email asking for an update and they haven’t replied to that either.

I’m guessing me and you are in the same boat then.

Seemed to be every Tuesday for my emails. Just got one today inviting me to a medical.
I felt I hadn’t done well so hang in there.

SLee

Seemed to be every Tuesday for my emails. Just got one today inviting me to a medical.
I felt I hadn’t done well so hang in there.
Congrats pal. out of interest, what day was your assessment? theoretically it’s only been 5 working days since I took mine, but it has been 7 days in total.
I’m clutching at straws here.

Tuesday is looking like the “you’ve made it” day ‍♂️

strawman75

Congrats pal. out of interest, what day was your assessment? theoretically it’s only been 5 working days since I took mine, but it has been 7 days in total.
I’m clutching at straws here.

Tuesday is looking like the “you’ve made it” day ‍♂️
Tuesday assessment and next Tuesday got the next email for DMI

SLee

Thanks same as me then. Oh well

Is there anyone on here that had to wait over a week for the results of MMI?

I don’t suppose you got an email like this did you?

“We'd just like to let you know that your application for the above role is still very much under consideration and we are currently awaiting dates for line manager interview with Driver Management Team, we will contact you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your continued patience and will be back in touch at the earliest opportunity”.

Just got this today.

I’m pleased it’s not a no, and I’m guessing I passed my MMI, but it looks a bit like maybe I didn’t blow their socks off with the MMI so I’m possibly being shortlisted rather than definitely getting a DMI.

Last edited:

strawman75

Thanks same as me then. Oh well

Is there anyone on here that had to wait over a week for the results of MMI?

I don’t suppose you got an email like this did you?

“We'd just like to let you know that your application for the above role is still very much under consideration and we are currently awaiting dates for line manager interview with Driver Management Team, we will contact you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your continued patience and will be back in touch at the earliest opportunity”.

Just got this today.

I’m pleased it’s not a no, and I’m guessing I passed my MMI, but it looks a bit like maybe I didn’t blow their socks off with the MMI so I’m possibly being shortlisted rather than definitely getting a DMI.
I didn’t get an email like that.
I was told the MMI was a straight pass/fail so I wouldn’t worry about that. You either passed or you didn’t. Sounds like you did.

Wave01

Hi all,

I passed the assessment day yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back from TPE regarding the results of the MMI. Just wondering from others who have been successful what the timescale is between assessment day / DMI / medical to job offer?

I'm really not sure how I did in the MMI, but I wasn't asked any questions related to the SJE and only answered questions on four of my five situations- the assessor said she had covered enough without using the last situation! I've heard this could be a good sign, but i'll just have to wait and see.
hey bud. Congrats on passing. Any chance you could pm me? I couldn’t find an option to. Just had a couple quick questions

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
For those interested, Sheffield has now opened - please use the thread below for discussion.

Manchester101

Apologies if this sounds cryptic…
But has anyone heard if successful candidates for this post will be carrying out certain specific work opposed to a full route card?

Atishyou

Apologies if this sounds cryptic…
But has anyone heard if successful candidates for this post will be carrying out certain specific work opposed to a full route card?
Newer drivers may go into a specific link, which has a smaller route card, some operators do do this

fabs

I’d heard a rumour about drivers being recruited for specific work relating to the Pennine route upgrade but I can’t see it being the case.
The uplift is partly driven due to the Transpennine Route Upgrade in terms of numbers of driver diagrams increasing.
In terms of routes you won’t be treated any different to any other trainee, a lot of trainees end up in different links on passing out simply because they don’t hold a full route card on pass out but still need to drive to consolidate their training.

Manchester101

The uplift is partly driven due to the Transpennine Route Upgrade in terms of numbers of driver diagrams increasing.
In terms of routes you won’t be treated any different to any other trainee, a lot of trainees end up in different links on passing out simply because they don’t hold a full route card on pass out but still need to drive to consolidate their training.

Thanks for the insight.

SLee

Can you explain what you mean by different links please? Do this mean doing half a route or something?

Kaiwats

Good afternoon ladies and gents, for those that recently started a course for tpe, is the training pay 24k until you pass out or does it go up to full salary after 8 weeks of training?

Manchester101

Good afternoon ladies and gents, for those that recently started a course for tpe, is the training pay 24k until you pass out or does it go up to full salary after 8 weeks of training?

£58k after 8 weeks. Drivers are paid every 4 weeks so your 3rd pay day will see the increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.