• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPWS Self Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperVoyager

Hi,

After you have moved the reverser forwards then back to neutral, is it possible to have the Vigilance alarm sounding aswell.. (like in real life) and have to cancel that out aswel as the AWS?

Thanks
SV

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FusionRail

Hi,

After you have moved the reverser forwards then back to neutral, is it possible to have the Vigilance alarm sounding aswell.. (like in real life) and have to cancel that out aswel as the AWS?

Thanks
SV

I cant remember ever hearing the DSD go off during a self test...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi,

Thanks
SV

I cant remember ever hearing the DSD go off during a self test...

jonnorail

The vigilance (part of the DSD which is the alarm) only goes off when starting up a train if the drivers put the master switch to foraward again after moving it from forward to neutral to start up the train if he / she does not have their foot on the pedal if doign so. Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk

Bill EWS

The reverser has to be moved to forward then back to reverse as part of the driver's locomotive preparation when starting a loco from fresh. This is to prove that the reverser is working fully and that you can get power in either direction. This is repeated in both cabs. It may not be necessary in BVE but I have always done this automtically. It's difficult to stop 42 years of such practice.

I assure you drivers have been caught out enroute when they missed out the full reverser test and found they can't gain power the first time they have to put the loco into reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.