• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traction Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Evening all,

I hope that this post finds you and yours coping as well as possible given the times we are in.

I am currently working on a SimSig timetable for the Three Bridges ASC area: it is built around the real-life scenario of a large engineering block which closes the fast lines throughout about 50% of the area covered by the simulation. This, of course, means various service alterations, not least on the branch routes from Purley through to Caterham / Tattenham Corner and I need some advice on the traction settings here.

The Caterham / Tattenham services are, on the day in question, all operating between Caterham / Tattenham Corner and Purley only due to the reduction in line capacity caused by the engineering works. After looking up the traction settings on a SimSig timetable compiled by somebody else I have done all the Tattenham Corner - Purley trains and set their traction as SN (Southern) 5-car Class 377. However the same timetable has all the Caterham services - headcode 2Jxx - as 8-car Class 455. The Caterham trains in this TT - all 2Cxx - are, of course, only going Caterham - Purley. Would Southern use 8-car Class 455 regardless or would they run them half-length (ie. 4-car)? I believe the scenario I am working around has happened a couple of times recently so I am wondering if anyone has ideas: TBH I would be surprised if 8/455 formations were used on such short workings, especially on a Sunday. As an aside the first service inbound to Caterham starts from East Croydon, prior to which it works ECS from Selhurst Depot.

The date I am working around, for anyone wondering, is that of Sunday 22nd November: Purley on that date looks like this:

Cheers,
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
Evening all,

I hope that this post finds you and yours coping as well as possible given the times we are in.

I am currently working on a SimSig timetable for the Three Bridges ASC area: it is built around the real-life scenario of a large engineering block which closes the fast lines throughout about 50% of the area covered by the simulation. This, of course, means various service alterations, not least on the branch routes from Purley through to Caterham / Tattenham Corner and I need some advice on the traction settings here.

The Caterham / Tattenham services are, on the day in question, all operating between Caterham / Tattenham Corner and Purley only due to the reduction in line capacity caused by the engineering works. After looking up the traction settings on a SimSig timetable compiled by somebody else I have done all the Tattenham Corner - Purley trains and set their traction as SN (Southern) 5-car Class 377. However the same timetable has all the Caterham services - headcode 2Jxx - as 8-car Class 455. The Caterham trains in this TT - all 2Cxx - are, of course, only going Caterham - Purley. Would Southern use 8-car Class 455 regardless or would they run them half-length (ie. 4-car)? I believe the scenario I am working around has happened a couple of times recently so I am wondering if anyone has ideas: TBH I would be surprised if 8/455 formations were used on such short workings, especially on a Sunday. As an aside the first service inbound to Caterham starts from East Croydon, prior to which it works ECS from Selhurst Depot.

The date I am working around, for anyone wondering, is that of Sunday 22nd November: Purley on that date looks like this:

Cheers,
Dave
All CAT/TAT on that date are 5 car 377

Status
Not open for further replies.